Freyette Powerstation as external Amplifier - quite noisy

• Hi

I play at home. I use the Kemper rack without PowerAmp . To play through the MepmperKone i the Freyette Powerstation as my external Amplifier. The system works very well, but its quite noisy sometimes ( fan´s of the Freyette).

My question is ... If i would change my system to the power rack Kemper.. then I'm also able to control the loudness , but with full quality of the sound ? ( I'm playing at home , need kind if attenuator normally, therefore the Freyette) .

• I'm using the Kemper Rack with a Fryette PowerStation to a 2x12 with a pair of Celestion F12-X200 in it (very similar to the Kone). It sounds fabulous, quiet as a church mouse, and can get LOUD.

I'd look around your space for sources of RFI/EMI -- fluorescent bulbs, wall dimmer switches, computers. If you put your cell phone on top of your rack that can also be a source of interference.

• you only need an attenuator like the Fryette if you are trying to play loud tube amps at low volume. With a Class D amp like the one in the powered Kemper you can be as quiet or as loud as you want without an attenuator.

the sound quality from the powered Kemper is excellent you should have no problems with losing fullness.