Profiling Amp sims with studio monitors?

• Been looking into this as I have some Neural DSP tones I can't live without. So here's my thinking..I have 1 mic placed on the tweeter on the left monitor and a 2nd mic placed on the woofer of the right monitor and then run the profiling process. Is there anything wrong with this idea? Is there something else that would work better? I currently dont have a cab or power source for my Kemper btw (otherwise I'd just do that) Thanks!

• How do you use 2 mics for profiling with Kemper? I thought only one mic is used. Then you have the issues of phasing with multiple mics.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• No point involving your monitors IMHO Jake; they'll just add a fine layer of signal degradation anyway. Also, you'd then have additional mic imprints in the result.

Just route the Kemper's Profiling signal through the plugin. Don't worry about latency; the Kemper will accept the incoming signal and there'll be just the usual 3ms when you end up playing the resulting Rig.

• as Nicky said, no need to use your speakers. In fact micing a speaker with two drivers will not behave anything like sticking a mic in front of a single 12” guitar speaker.

I downloaded the free trials of a few Neural plugins to see what all the fuss is about. I can’t say they were anything special for my personal taste but they are certainly good products if ypu like their specific tonal style. In order to test whether they were really “game changing” quality that nothing wlse could match I tried profiling them. Got a perfect match. All ypu need to do is route the output of your interface to the return on the KPA and profile like a Direct Profile i.e. with no mic.

• How do you use 2 mics for profiling with Kemper? I thought only one mic is used. Then you have the issues of phasing with multiple mics.

If you check out the tags related to microphones in our factory Rigs you will find many were captured using multiple microphones.

You can use a mixing desk to mix these together, which will also provide phantom power as needed. Mixing multiple microphones you need to deal with phasing challenges, but this is standard studio practice.

• as Nicky said, no need to use your speakers. In fact micing a speaker with two drivers will not behave anything like sticking a mic in front of a single 12” guitar speaker.

I downloaded the free trials of a few Neural plugins to see what all the fuss is about. I can’t say they were anything special for my personal taste but they are certainly good products if ypu like their specific tonal style. In order to test whether they were really “game changing” quality that nothing wlse could match I tried profiling them. Got a perfect match. All ypu need to do is route the output of your interface to the return on the KPA and profile like a Direct Profile i.e. with no mic.

Okay cool, I haven't done this before. My interface has left and right outputs so it doesn't matter really which I use right, just connect one to the front input of the Kemper? And then one output of Kemper to the front of the interface and bam that's it ? Just wanna make sure I'm not screwing anything up haha