Interlude 01

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Banging headache today and a bit of stress, so just a quick mellow noodle for tonight.

• Thanks Monkey_Man that’s the Montage doing Rhodes duty with Chick Correa’s Mark V, it’s a little more punchy and mechanical as well as sweet sounding than the Fantom Rhodes options.

Your probably right about the snare, I tired a few options but in the end found this was the most interesting one. The thing I regret doing is allowing Ozone to do its thing. I’m still not confident enough at mastering to go with my gut on the sounds I’m after. Louder isn’t always better.

• Ahh... the Montage. That explains what I was hearing - the "crispness" and yet sweetness of the attack portion of notes. My old Motif XS rack does the same thing, as do IMHO Yamaha pianos. They just nail that stuff.

With Ozone, no harm in choosing a preset that gives the vibe / sound you want and then simply dialling back the amount of gain reduction to bring things back to a sensible reality I reckon. Just theory of course 'cause I haven't used it yet.