Dissipation

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

70's inspired musings today. It's not good or not how I wanted it, but I do feel like I made some pretty good progress on the drums and bass mix. The distorted guitars though I'm now seeing are a real blind spot for me that I need to address.

• The clean tone is killer and the dist guitars go with it. I think the drums sound too forward and boxy with the verb which kind of makes the tune sound like a live recording (which should be noted if going for that effect). I'm curious what Muddy thinks about that.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Depends a bit on what you want Per. If you add vocals then those guitars are probably okay a bit in the back. If it's pure instrumental there might be something coming more to the front. But overall again a nice mix and cool tune :thumbup:8)

• Thanks Franjoe30 I only know one track by Steve but I do like it. I fell I should invest more time a lot of people I know loved Porcupine Tree, I’ll check it out. This was inspired after watching to one of Rick Beato’s “what makes this song so great” videos to try out a few things that didn’t work out quite as well for me as his source :D

• Love that drum intro, and the rest of it, the snare works so well in this track. Awesome guitars everywhere, well done again Per.

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• Thanks deangersmith it's a nice drum set for sure, I think eh only good bits are the "verse" sections with the clean guitar and faked 12 string (takes so much longer to play everything those extra times for the octaved part) the rest I would do over.

• Did you play the drums on this?

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.