Sweet Bliss (Your Loss)

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

An exercise in double tracking almost everything. 5 guitars with minimum 3 at any time, three vocals (decided against processing as I liked how they just sounded this time), and a bass not double tracked but with with a heavy down octaved part for the chorus parts to get that cathedral organ like deep notes.

• I have Monkey_Man but what do you mean exactly? I dialed back the compression quite a bit and raised the drums mids from where I had it the first time I uploaded it as the drums vanished completely on crapmac(tm) speakers. The first verse vocals are quieter as they’re just a double rather than triple tracked.

• Cool tune Per, good idea and nicely played. Just the mix doesn't work for me - and you know that I very, very rarely say that about your mixes. Sounds overcompressed and way "undertransparent" in this case. Especially compared to your usual mixes which all have great width and separation. I guess you wanted to give this one here density and energy from that by stacking and compressing... anyway thanks for sharing :thumbup:8)

• I guess the tracking is a bit off as 3 tracks of the same riff need and extremely tight playing.

I myself often make like 15 takes of a single riff in order to get the right punch on double tracking, everything out will kill the dynamics and produce phase issues , even after 30 years of practice , ouch !

• Thanks for checking it out deadman42 and waraba .

There was a much less compressed version up earlier but I changed it back based on the feedback.

I’m afraid that’s as tight as I can play waraba which sections stand out as particularly rough though to you?

• I uploaded another version that's far less compressed, reduced side chaining and re-tracked the intro bass and even guitars with over the top gating and even tracked one of the tracks at a slower pace to tighten it up further, not sure if I like it as much though as it loses the smear from the distortion and makes the sound smaller and artificial to my ears. The drums had a bit more treble and compression, and I adjusted the master bus gain staging to try and eliminate clipping. The vocals also should perhaps have been pushed up again to compensate but I think I’m done with it for now as it's just a noodle.

Edited once, last by Per ().

• Thanks for the feedback guys. All part of learning, though some is learning that good quality mastering takes much longer than you'd hope if you want something different from presets.

• I didn't hear the track with regards to all the compression cxomments, the way it is now sounds great, cool guitars Per, nice arrangement too.

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.