Well Deserved

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So I was inspired by a horrific true crime story I heard today that got my blood boiling and also by Franjoe30 's shot at Foo's sound (which didn't get my blood boiling because it was so cool and unique) and decided to try and have a stab at it. I went with the holy trifecta Marshall, Fender and Vox which seems to be approximately what his tone is (pretty low gain tbh, he might even just be fender and vox), and Ashdown for the bass amp. Drop-d naturally and mixtures of power and dim chords, with a very loud snare and heavily side-chained guitar and bass.

Monkey_Man Will be pleased to hear that there's no master bus compression on this one, despite my best efforts to squeeze one in there. But to compensate I compressed the living snot out of almost everything else I could lay my hands on. Ok, not the guitars, and actually the drums weren't either, but I could have if I'd have wanted to, just sayin...

Obviously vocals are only as good as I can do which isn't very good, definitely cannot do Dave so that part has to be taken as separate and not any real attempt to mimic anything other than me trying and failing to do rock vocals. The end result seems to get more into QOTSA territory to my ears.

• Monkey_Man Will be pleased to hear that there's no master bus compression on this one, despite my best efforts to squeeze one in there. But to compensate I compressed the living snot out of almost everything else I could lay my hands on. Ok, not the guitars, and actually the drums weren't either, but I could have if I'd have wanted to, just sayin...

Hey, at least you showed some restraint brother. :D

Well done man.

• I actually had an incredibly hard time mixing this one, while I could get a mix minus vocals where I wanted it as soon there was a voice it threw everything out. Honestly I should have gone and rearranged the guitar or something to make room, as it was I compressed the vocals a lot to give that super close to the mic sound but still couldn’t get them to be forward and articulate without being overbearing, so left them more as texture.

• Hey BayouTexan , depends on the section. In some parts it's two, three during "chorus" elements and up to four in verse - two hard panned and very low in the mix and two up front because I liked the chorus like sound for this style.

• Hey BayouTexan , depends on the section. In some parts it's two, three during "chorus" elements and up to four in verse - two hard panned and very low in the mix and two up front because I liked the chorus like sound for this style.

I'm jotting down notes again. :thumbup:

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.