Per collection thread

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Very "medryckande"!

Great guitar work wit the delays.

Is this the dotted 8th thing I've heard so much about?

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks for checking it out Mats_Nermark !

No dotted 8th’s on this, just 8ths (quavers), so the delay note hits exactly at the same time as the picked note. The dotted 8th would give a delay of 3 semiquavers which gives a more chaotic cascading feel, like :

A  &  B  (A)  C  (B)  D/(a)  (C)  E/(b) (Da)  F/(cb)

• Apologies for the warmup improv at the beginning, it's part of a separate exercise I'm doing but figured I'd combine the two.

External Content soundcloud.com

• There's nothing wrong with doing your eruption. I liked it.

Doctor gave me the go ahead to play all I want now with no restrictions. Finger still hurts. It mainly swells in morning and then during the night, but time to get back in the game.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks BayouTexan , pleased to hear you're back up on the horse. Ice packs and epsom salt gel rub are probably good things to have. Just build up slowly so you have the strength and flexibility and don't re-injure yourself.

• Messing around with alternate open tunings

Great song Per lots of cool parts, love the wee outro parts too

• Another stab at 70's production and mixes. I don't love all 70's music but the general quality of the mixes, especially on classics like Breakfast in America, Bad Company, A Night at the Opera, Boston, The Sound Of Bread, Emerson, Lake & Palmer etc is pretty impeccable, and while they may have had access to the top talent of the era in the best rooms with millions of dollars worth of equipment, the best engineers and mic lockers to die and more flares, white leisure suits, fuzzy dice and furry steering wheels than you can shake a hefty stick at for I feel confident that with zero experience or talent, a complete lack of musicianship, a lifetime that has no relatable experiences, a few plugins and an ancient Mac that sounds like a small jet engine when I have more than 5 simultaneous tracks I should be able to exactly match and do better.

• I love late 70's mixes - they're my favourite, warm and organic. I have a 1978 Blondie track up as my ref track on the mix I'm working on at the moment.
    As you say, world class studios and talented people in them is something we don't have living in a small digital box at our feet but we can try.

Listening to some 2010's Blondie mixes, they sound bass heavy and toppy, probably the result of consumers having 50 - 10000 Hz drilled into their brains for the last 30 years which cant be ignored unfortunately.

Anyway, nice track mate, back to my low class studio.

• Banking has good riffing throughout. I think you are close to nailing your vocals on that one. Your voice sounds more relaxed.

Good keys and rffing on Piper.

As for one of the best Bad Company mixes, I give my vote to Silver, Blue, and Gold. Paul Rodgers voice is gold on that. Another good mix would be Jeff Starship Jane with Mickey Thomas voice.

The best overall multi-track mix I ever heard was propbably this classic...

External Content www.youtube.com

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.