Can we hook up like this to capture the Direct Profile?

• I am now thinking about using kemper with real cab. So, I think It would be better to creat a direct profile. I've seen people using DI or loadbox to do it. What about this hook up in the image? Do you think it works? or It will destroy my Kemper?

• sending the power amp signal to your Profiler will not only destroy the Profiler but also your tube amp. You need a proper DI box to take Direct amp profiles. The Kemper DI box is the perfect tool for the job.

• sending the power amp signal to your Profiler will not only destroy the Profiler but also your tube amp. You need a proper DI box to take Direct amp profiles. The Kemper DI box is the perfect tool for the job.

In the image, you can see the amp will connect with cab and the signal from amp comes from amp send!!!!

• In the image, you can see the amp will connect with cab and the signal from amp comes from amp send!!!!

In this case you'll profile only the preamp section, without power amp...and you cannot add it in the profiler afterwards (it's not included in the Cab). That's why you need a DI box with a load for the power amp

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• In the image, you can see the amp will connect with cab and the signal from amp comes from amp send!!!!

In your image I see no connection between the power amp and the cab but it says amp send into Profiler which would indicate that you are sending the power amp signal. Anyway-follow the manual and get a DI box for taking proper Direct amp profiles.

• In this case you'll profile only the preamp section, without power amp...and you cannot add it in the profiler afterwards (it's not included in the Cab). That's why you need a DI box with a load for the power amp

In your image I see no connection between the power amp and the cab but it says amp send into Profiler which would indicate that you are sending the power amp signal. Anyway-follow the manual and get a DI box for taking proper Direct amp profiles.

Ok, I need the DI box. Thank you very much!

• The image in OP looks like it’s using the amps FX loop rather than speaker outs?

You can do this, but you won’t be profiling any of the poweramp. The poweramp, and the colouration from the cabinet attached to it are a huge part of the tone and only having the preamp may not sound familiar for certain uses. However, if you are using the kemper with a similar poweramp to the amp you’re capturing the preamp from, it can work quite well.

• The image in OP looks like it’s using the amps FX loop rather than speaker outs?

You can do this, but you won’t be profiling any of the poweramp. The poweramp, and the colouration from the cabinet attached to it are a huge part of the tone and only having the preamp may not sound familiar for certain uses. However, if you are using the kemper with a similar poweramp to the amp you’re capturing the preamp from, it can work quite well.

Yes! I am planing to use my Kemper as preamp with powerstage 700 as poweramp to the cabinet!!! So, this hook up might work for me. If this hook up won't break my Kemper then I will give it a try!!! Thank you!!!

• Yes! I am planing to use my Kemper as preamp with powerstage 700 as poweramp to the cabinet!!! So, this hook up might work for me. If this hook up won't break my Kemper then I will give it a try!!! Thank you!!!

The Powerstage700 is amclean Class d power amp which is not the same as using a “similar poweramp to the amp you’re capturing the preamp from”. The PS700 won’t add the type of colour that the valve amp would.

Bottom line is, you can profile just the preamp the way you indicated and you might like the sound but if you want a full amp Direct Profile you need a DI Box. There is no way around this.

• My opinion is that if you want a tube amp cab experience then use the amp. If you want a Kemper experience then use the Kemper. Don't try and combine them or you will destroy both experiences.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.