New RM and old KAOS

• I see that I can update RM and still use KAOS 8.7.20.

Would there be any benefit in doing so? Would the new RM be uselessly heavy or slow, so that it's worth updating only when one starts using KAOS 9?
    ATM I have no use for controlling profilation from my computer, using USB or having a different view of the Rig Packs.

Thanks anyone for sharing their experience

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• You won't notice anything different. It will work just fine.

There is no real reason not to update Rig Manager.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• You won't notice anything different. It will work just fine.

There is no real reason not to update Rig Manager.

You could run RM 3.4 with OS 8.7.20, but I see no reason to do that. We have 9.0.5 release.

Thanks guys, I have no need for USB audio ATM so won't install 9.0. I am investigating whether 3.4 brings any benefit to 8.7 users.

Hope this clarifies :)

• I thought your question was answered.

If its a release version and not beta, I'm not sure why you wouldn't update. Just because USB audio is present doesn't mean you have to use it.

But no, there's no huge advantage to updating vs. not at this point.

• I thought your question was answered.

If its a release version and not beta, I'm not sure why you wouldn't update. Just because USB audio is present doesn't mean you have to use it.

But no, there's no huge advantage to updating vs. not at this point.

Provided you are in the know for this specific issue, where in this thread did anyone answer my question before you last comment?

As for your side question about why not updating to KAOS 9, I don't see any reason for doing it. What would the benefits be? I've carefully read the Addendum manual and saw nothing of interest to me: I don't use USB, I don't profile, I don't need the KPA for listening to music programs.

Furthermore, I work with the KPA, and my gear is serving my needs perfectly. Statistically speaking, there're few chances that KAOS 9 will perform better than KAOS 8 (unless they have brought some undocumented improvement to the code that betters the overall performance). So why update to an OS that would likely be larger, slower to load (and maybe to operate) and with some unexpected bugs? But again, even if performance was the same I don't see any reason to upgrade.

HTC

• Seems like you answered your own question.

Please don't take it personally, but you are still missing the point.

I don't know whether the new RM presents any utility for 8 users. This is my question, and no-one from Kemper has answered it, despite me trying and call them into the thread.

I seem to reckon you don't work for the Company, so I appreciate your opinions but I'd love to hear from the House.

• Most questions here are answered by the community - so you'll get people like me trying to help when what you really want is Kemper only.

You're better off submitting a support ticket and asking them directly. It's the only way to insure they see the question.

• you can always find a list of applied changes, fixes, and improvements in the Changelog file on the download page.

PROFILER Operating System 9.0.5 Release for all PROFILER models
  • you can always find a list of applied changes, fixes, and improvements in the Changelog file on the download page.

PROFILER Operating System 9.0.5 Release for all PROFILER models
    Code
    PROFILER Operating System 9.0.5.45603

Thanks for chiming in, but I am not interested in what's new in the new KAOS ;)
    As you might have noticed, the thread's title is "New RM and old KAOS".

Most questions here are answered by the community - so you'll get people like me trying to help when what you really want is Kemper only.

I've been following this forum since a good while, and I am aware of the general way it works. OTOH, there are situations in which a specific user doesn't have specific answers to give.

In fact, I've for example mentioned Burkhard and I am sure he has got the notification. Whether he wants to respond or not is a different story tho.

• I'm in the same situation as the OP: don't need USB audio (keep using my 8 channel interface). I upgraded to the newest release version of OS and RM for the same reason I always do it an cellphones, computers, TV and so for: every update brings non written improvements to stability and prepare to the next one.

To the OP: I have not experienced any slowdowns or whatsoever.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• pippopluto

If you want to talk to us, please contact our support team by using the website or by phone. This forum is not the right place to expect answers from us. I'll close this thread now.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here