Liquid profiling detected

• I don't know how it works too (and i don't mind), but CK announced the mix of a modeler and a profiler with LP, saluted (or denounced :D^^?(:rolleyes:) by competitors. Modelers already exist and provide all the amp's settings....

I assume that one difficulty was to know where the starting point is. As i understand it, the profiler will be able to determine all the knobs position except gain position. From this, we will be able to tweak as we want as on an actual amp..... It's as simple as this for users ! ;)

I don't know how the tone stack acts/works too and how CK could marry a profile with a modeling behaviour but it's what we gonna have soon :thumbup:8)

If you think about it, the KPA has always been a mix of profiling (capturing the sound of the amp) and modeling (providing a set of controls that modify aspects of the tone at a lower level).

The difference between the traditional KPA modeling and the new "Liquid Profile" modeling is that CK is giving us the "easy" knobs to make a single control change multiple aspects of the traditional KPA all at once to simulate the way that one "simple" control would on the original amp.

It's really kinda neat the more I think about it. It is a very logical next step in improving the usability of the KPA IMO.

No improvement in the sound engine itself, just a big improvement in a typical user's ability to get to desired tone faster.

My point:

On the KPA (and any modeler) there are dozens (maybe thousands) of ways to make a bad sounding tone. Arguably, KPA has always had the edge over others in its ability to quickly get you to a number of great sounds.

With Liquid Profiling, there should be considerably fewer ways to create crap :).

• why would that the necessary and why would AI be needed. Liquid profiling will capture the gain a it's maximum level and all spots upt to that so the profile will already contain the information without the need for multiple profiles or AI.

Every amps different an thats imposible. Im only saying as some have fantasized about it before, but now its like hmm, that could work. NAM is using AI i think or is it tone X? Like i siad there are to many variables in a amp even your valve choice will effect things so to say kemper is going to accurately get the gain sweep of your amp right compared to the next guy with the same amp is fantasy. If you could do 10 profiles to make 1 and have it react exact with your real amp would be a cool thing. Im only plsying here, lets see what LP can do

• Yes but I can't remember where.

Hm I'm not 100% convinced of this actually. Especially since an existing profile can be "liquified". I would love to be wrong, but I don't think it will be that advanced.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hm I'm not 100% convinced of this actually. Especially since an existing profile can be "liquified". I would love to be wrong, but I don't think it will be that advanced.

At 21;03, Christoph states it very clearly:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• At 21;03, Christoph states it very clearly:

Well , not exactly. CK is saying, that the amount of change of the gain on the kemper will be the same as on the original.
    That does not necessarily mean that it will sound the same. Maybe it does, maybe not.

We will see.

• At 21;03, Christoph states it very clearly:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's exactly what he's not saying :). He says "the gain it's profiled at". Anyway. We'll know when we know.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• It's exactly what he's not saying :). He says "the gain it's profiled at". Anyway. We'll know when we know.

As I heard it, he’s saying if you know the original amp’s knob value, and enter that in the LP, the knob will then behave exactly (his word) as the real amp.

If you make no change, LP has zero affect.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• If I understand LP correctly, then to me this is a true game changer…. Here is why.

What is great about the Kemper is that it gives us access to so many amazing amps… a JCM800 or a JMP or a JTM come in so many different flavours… looking at vintage ones, not 2 are the same… With Kemper, we can have access to many of these via professionnal profilers. However we rely on the settings they chose to profile and we have to browse through profiles rather than be able to just dial these amps ourselves.

Modelers give you the ability to dial in amps yourself… but they model one plexi and here you go.
    now we have the possibility to access all these cool amps via pros and to dial them in ourselves.

That is the best of both worlds… and more. To me this is 1+1=3…

• I don't get where all these ideas about what liquid profiles are about comes from (not just in this thread).

I'm guessing not all people have seen the interview with Christof.

By the way, when something is called "a model of" doesn't say anything about HOW it is modeled (e.g. all component modeled or not). It is simply something that represents a thing without it being the thing itself (and I can't even remember if this should go in this thread or one of the other recent ones - sorry).

• I'm afraid you don't.

For sure LP will not transform a profiled amp to a modelled amp.

Based on what CK is saying it is going to be a combo of profiling and modeling.

Profiling is not going to change from what I understand. However the liquid tone stack is going to be modeled and the interaction between the profile and modeled tone stack (if you choose to accept the mission of using LP) is going to change.

Also just adding the modeled tone stack will not change the sound but rather only when the tone stack or gain knobs are tweaked.

• By the way, when something is called "a model of" doesn't say anything about HOW it is modeled (e.g. all component modeled or not). It is simply something that represents a thing without it being the thing itself

This maybe valid as a general definition.

In the world of digital "amps" there is a difference between modelling and profiling/Cloning.

• In the world of digital "amps" there is a difference between modelling and profiling/Cloning.

That's just semantics.

But my point was mainly that when Christoph talks about "modeled tone stacks", my strong guess is that they have taken a more economical approach than modeling each component of each tone stack. My money would be that they have done something similar to what they've done with the kemper drive; built a model that can cover a lot of ground and then based the specific tone stacks models on that.

• What I'm thinking about is, did the profilers I bought from record their settings and if they published them before, will they provide them? I do know Reampzone does that especially for their direct profiles. I'm super excited to try and get the gain and EQ I want vs. accepting how they profiled it.