Is it my ears or can YOU hear it too?

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey guys!

So purchased a new interface just to satify my curiosity and what do ya know it has the exact same issue.

So i went back to my Clarett 4pre to try out the SPDIF with new cables and to my ears its still there.

PLEASE for the love of sanity tell me you can hear this mess? or am i going insane?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The link is a me jamming randomly using a few different commercial profiles

Im starting to think im going mad lol.

Im taking my guitar to a local luthier to get checked out to see what the situation is.

Did i mention i even purchased a new directbox because apparently it can clean up the signal...nope...it did not.

I even moved my monitors to see if maybe the issue was because they were facing me but sadly no change.

I dont hear any of these issues on any other high gain guitars i hear on online when im listening to guitar demo's or albums or any other form of guitars where low-midd-high gain is being used its just on mine...all 6 of them.

I really didnt want to post this because i know its becoming such a pain in the arse but ive searched the internet for any kind of similer problems and found only my own forum posts lol.

Im gonna try one of my VST amp sims to see if that has the same problem and will post the result soon.

Iam looking into sending my kemper to have it checked over its just finding the funds to get the ball rolling.

Hope you are all well dudes! \m/

Do i still hear it slightly here using a VST Virtual Amp? or am i listening for it...my chain is Guitar-TRS Jack- Audio interface - USB into PC. Monitors directly out of Audio interface.

I wish my musician friends lived close to me then i would drag them over and cry at them instead of you wonderful dudes lol.

• What do you hear? All I hear is the inherent top end fizzle-grit that comes from any mic'd cab. You can adjust that with a high cut and or Pure Cab adjustment. But it is usually lost in a mix anyway.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• What do you hear? All I hear is the inherent top end fizzle-grit that comes from any mic'd cab. You can adjust that with a high cut and or Pure Cab adjustment. But it is usually lost in a mix anyway.

I will try to EQ and single out the problem frequencies i just cant un-hear that i cant shift with any amount of knob twisting or IR swapping and i will upload another recording. BrB \m/

• My guess is that your string is touching a fret somewhere along the neck ... So a fretjob, neck adjustement will fix this ...

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• My guess is that your string is touching a fret somewhere along the neck ... So a fretjob, neck adjustement will fix this ...

Raf

You can hear it though yeah? im not losing my marbles? Thank Heavens. Im gonna go into my local guitar shop and get it looked at. Im just uploading a new recording where i singled out the EQ frequency noise problem thing.

I will share the link as soon as its uploaded.

For the longest time i was convinced it was some kind of digital malfunction...somewhere the signal was corrupt or some kind of glitch...i dont know but ive tried everything except the pro setup.

Fingers crossed its just a setup that is needed and then that will take a lot of stress off me figuring out how to send my kemper to the wonderful chaps in Germany.

It IS kinda strange all 6 of my guitars have the exact same issue with high gain profiles. They sound sound fantastic with clean profiles.

• You can hear it though yeah? im not losing my marbles? Thank Heavens. Im gonna go into my local guitar shop and get it looked at. Im just uploading a new recording where i singled out the EQ frequency noise problem thing.

I will share the link as soon as its uploaded.

For the longest time i was convinced it was some kind of digital malfunction...somewhere the signal was corrupt or some kind of glitch...i dont know but ive tried everything except the pro setup.

Fingers crossed its just a setup that is needed and then that will take a lot of stress off me figuring out how to send my kemper to the wonderful chaps in Germany.

It IS kinda strange all 6 of my guitars have the exact same issue with high gain profiles. They sound sound fantastic with clean profiles.

I didn't realize it was on 6 guitars ... I had this squeeling string noise when I picked ... brought the guitar the a luthier and one fret was way to high causing this harmonic kinda sound as I hear on your recording ... Do you also hear it when you pick really soft ? So not moving the string so much ?

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

Thats the frequency i can't unhear in every high gain profile ive ever used. Its become pretty much impossible to not hear it now.

No EQ removes it.

Is it just normal and how High Gain amps are supposed to sound? to me theres a clear problem.

Yupp! im gonna head to my guitar store and get my guitar looked at.

I know ive been saying that for a while its just a nightmare working full time and general life unfolding its tough to get a spare moment to get stuff like guitars looked at.

• It could also be the pick attack that causes this tbh ?

Raf

I hear it on the single notes more then on the chords ...

• I didn't realize it was on 6 guitars ... I had this squeeling string noise when I picked ... brought the guitar the a luthier and one fret was way to high causing this harmonic kinda sound as I hear on your recording ... Do you also hear it when you pick really soft ? So not moving the string so much ?

Raf

Yes i can hear it and i can kinda feel it too i guess i just thought new strings had that new twang slappy sound kinda didnt think maybe it was in need of such an adjustment.

Picked up another guitar and noticed the same issue...Yupp1 100% gonna take one of my axes to the store tomorrow and explain the situation.

• Thats not the thing I heard on the single notes ?

• Yes 100% its a nightmare to do any kind of solo work when writing and recording 4th/5th fret upwards is just problems especialy when using the D-G-B-E strings.

It could also be the pick attack that causes this tbh ?

Raf

Does that mean my pick attack is not up to standard? lol Awww man thats heartbreaking ive had the same way of playing for nearly 30 years i dont have another 30 to relearn guitar haha :P

Single notes. This is obviously not a faboulous masterpiece composition its purely just single notes to attempt to show the situation.

• I know a nylon pic will kill some high-end attack. I use felts on a bass because it is close to finger style. I imagine you can even use on guitar strings but they wear out pretty fast.

You could adjust your attack to 90*. I think everyone has a tendency to angle too much unless you pay attention. I've been practicing on just that for the last 2 months.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• My hearing sucks but I heard a lot of high freqs sizzle in most of the recordings. Like Bayou said it would need some high cut to kill.

The VST sounded good. No sizzle.

In most of the recordings I heard some fret buzzing as Roef stated. Maybe your action is too low or striking the string vertically instead of sideways? The picking sounded very hard as well.

Hope you get to a happy place soon!

• Im gonna take one of my guitars to a pro luthier to get it setup properly and if that fix's it then i will take my other guitars to get setup too.

Ive always been a aggressive player i use quite heavy gauge strings and thick pics and tend to dig in hard.

Ive had my action low ive had it high as hell to where its unbearable to play and i can still hear it. That high end sizzle or as i call it the pew pew phazey glitched rank frequency is in every high gain profile i use from many different commercial and none commercial profiles ive used. Thats a crazy coincidence huh?

Like i said its gonna be in the hands of a pro and lets see what they say 👊😉

• Honestly.......I think if you listen hard enough to any high gain sound you can find artifacts and issues, particularly if you isolate the guitar sound.

I listened over and over again and I think I know which bit you are referring to but not 100% sure.

TBH its not the "best" high gain sound I've heard but its by no means bad - its a bit "cutty" but that would probably work better in a mix anyway.

I honestly think its in your head...the problem is, you can't unhear it. My ears aren't great so I'm not the best to person to review it, but that's my feeling/view.

The other alternative is...ignore it and just play your guitar as if it doesn't exist and eventually you may let it go.

Feel for you!

• Dear AdamMassacre1981!

I know exactely what you are going through, but I agree with V8guitar. It is a bug that is planted and you have to get lost of it. How? Well I have a certain favorite Mars profile for a moderate gain sound, that is depending on my daily mood sometimes a bit too harsh. Everytime that happens I noodle a while with an even more harsh JSX profile, which I like too, and than switch back to the Mars. This is maybe foolish, but for me it works most of the times.

Anyhow it is not the worst decision to have a propper setup of your axe's ;)

All the best to everybody out there!