Do you have 8 minutes to talk about melodic prog metal?

• The title track from our new album. Have patience. Extra points for naming the two obvious influences for the first minutes of the track.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• Sounds great, lovely production and writing.

Probably all wrong but for me and my limited musical knowledge I hear DJ Shadow the Police, XTC, Devin Townsend, Remi Zero, Mastodon, Don Henley and... A-Ha?

• Sounds great, lovely production and writing.

Probably all wrong but for me and my limited musical knowledge I hear DJ Shadow the Police, XTC, Devin Townsend, Remi Zero, Mastodon, Don Henley and... A-Ha?

Well 80s pop is certainly a big overall influence for us. The ones i had in mind when creating it was The Cure - Fascination Street and Enigma - Sadeness.

Thank you folks for giving it a listen :*

• Rush has to be one of the influences even if under a subconscious level. I'm hearing Alex Lifeson on guitar. What did I win?

I can see why you mention Alex Lifeson. He is great. Absolutely great. But i must admit i’ve only ever heard Moving Pictures a couple of times, and watched a bit of live stuff on YT.

But that chrunchy chorus guitar, which is prevalent on this track. Yes it probably owes something to that exposure to them. Huge crunchy chorus guitars….gotta love.

• Alex Lifeson is the ultimate in writing for the song first.

*So* much killer guitar that goes largely unnoticed because it’s not *flashy* in the traditional sense.

** I am an unreformed and unapologetic Rush Fanboy.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche