Fun with gain morphing in a country-pop-blues

• One of the reasons I love the Kemper is the morphing feature. Especially when I have a profile that musically allows me to use gain morphing.

In this clip I'm using gain morphing on each verse (except the first one) and I'm starting out on clean and then I increase the gain with an expression pedal. The amp profile is one I made myself of a Bludo-Tone High Plains Drifter which is my favourite clean amp profile. And as you can hear it also works really well going into overdrive.

Guitars are K-Line Springfield for all rhythm parts and first melody and a James Tyler Guitars Classic for the solos.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Nice one. Great sounds

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Totally Awesome Mats!

I've tried gain morphing because I was always afraid to touch my guitar volume knob. The last several months I have been focused with just that using the volume knob and pick attack to adjust for gain, and I like how those subtle differences can make big changes. With the morph, it was hard to move the exp pedal to any mid levels and be accurate. I would just set two desired positions -- low gain at heel and max gain at toe and forget about anything in the middle.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Totally Awesome Mats!

I've tried gain morphing because I was always afraid to touch my guitar volume knob. The last several months I have been focused with just that using the volume knob and pick attack to adjust for gain, and I like how those subtle differences can make big changes. With the morph, it was hard to move the exp pedal to any mid levels and be accurate. I would just set two desired positions -- low gain at heel and max gain at toe and forget about anything in the middle.

Thanks, BT!

I use the volume/tone knobs as well. I also use a volume pedal before the amp to get different shades of gain. But to actually morph the gain setting is another musical expression to me.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Really really great tones. Awesome tune and playing.
    ‘what overdrive are you using

Thanks, WP!

It's just the High Plains Drifter profile and gain morphing. The variety of usable gain in that profile is quite astounding.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Mats_Nermark You are the complete package, your guitar playing skill, your sense of timing and feel, your tone right down to your writing is just flawless my friend, i am in awe of you and the other dudes on this forum. Love the gain morphing.

• Mats_Nermark You are the complete package, your guitar playing skill, your sense of timing and feel, your tone right down to your writing is just flawless my friend, i am in awe of you and the other dudes on this forum. Love the gain morphing.

Thanks, Joe!

But you are too kind. While I'm happy about my sounds, I think I have a long way to go until I have good sense of timing and feel. When it comes to writing, I think I'm getting good at borrowing ideas from others. :D

Cheers,

Mats N