Kemper Cabinet Kone Imprints and FOH cabinet

• I use the Kemper cabinet with the Kone Imprints. For the Main Outs, I always try to find a cabinet that is close to the imprint I'm using, so that the FOH sound is less or more the same as what I'm hearing on my Kemper cabinet. Unfortunately, they're not always easy to find and Kemper doesn't provide them standard. How do you guys deal with this?

• This is an age-old question.

Some use the Kone in full-range mode. Others select a FOH cab they like and use an imprint they like, with no real attempt to match.

The Kone is for the player. Mains for the audience.

Personally, I think attempting to ‘match’ tones beyond the same type of speaker is a waste of time. What you hear on stage is not what they hear FOH. Never was. Change the room - or where someone is standing in the same room - and all sorts of things change.

This is my opinion. Do what you like.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I use the Kemper cabinet with the Kone Imprints. For the Main Outs, I always try to find a cabinet that is close to the imprint I'm using, so that the FOH sound is less or more the same as what I'm hearing on my Kemper cabinet. Unfortunately, they're not always easy to find and Kemper doesn't provide them standard. How do you guys deal with this?

That is precisely the way I work. Sound engineers are generally quite happy with a DI from the main outs, so I have to believe it's similar to the imprint.

By now I'd think that every speaker known to civilization was available as an IR. What have you had difficulty finding? Just curious.

• That is precisely the way I work. Sound engineers are generally quite happy with a DI from the main outs, so I have to believe it's similar to the imprint.

By now I'd think that every speaker known to civilization was available as an IR. What have you had difficulty finding? Just curious.

Couldn't find the G12T-75, the Oxford 12T6/Oxford 12L6 and the Jensen P12Q/Jensen P12R cabinets. I noticed Michael Britt always uses CL80 as a cabinet. I prefer the original speaker, which is most of the time also available as Kone Imprint, but difficult to find as cabinet...

• A quick Google search popped up a half-dozen hits on G12T-75 IRs and the Oxford speakers. I didn't pursue the others. Are you not interested in using imported IRs (vs. cab section of existing rigs)?

• A quick Google search popped up a half-dozen hits on G12T-75 IRs and the Oxford speakers. I didn't pursue the others. Are you not interested in using imported IRs (vs. cab section of existing rigs)?

Thanks for your answer. yes, that could be an option. Did that already for a few others.

• I'm the same. I accept that the sound is different, it always will be because FOH venues are different as well.

Point here is, we never thought about this when we ran conventional cabs - we focused on our monitor sound and let the sound engineer figure out mic placement etc. also, every instrument sounds different through a PA including your voice so its only that we are aware now that we worry so much about it.

I focus on FOH sound as my priority as the sound I have dialled in, monitor just has to be good as well, but not the same/matching. If I get a good sound FOH, the Kone always sounds good.

Point to note - most venues are now so used to digital gear that they focus on foldback more and I'm tending not to use my Kabinet as much.