Links/Suggestions for Pantera and Eric Johnson Profiles, free OR paid

• Hi all,

Could anyone point me in the directions of good sounding Pantera and Eric Johnson profiles, free or paid?

I saw some awesome Pantera profiles vids, but couldn't find the link to where these guys got the profiles from.

I haven't yet come across any good Eric Johnson profiles either.

:/

Any help would be appreciated!

• In case anyone is interested, there is a Fargen 68 Plexi in the Rig Exchange that is perfect for Eric Johnson lead tones.

I’m still looking for good Pantera/Dimebag profiles.

The search goes on….

• Very oposite extremes, but for eric johnson I use the Marshall plexi 50w from the michael britt 2020 pack, both the clean and the overdriven tones are as close as I can get to johnsons mojo. Just remember the trick is rolling of the treble for those creamy leads once you go solo mode. For pantera I have no idea, havent heard them since my highschool days.

The answer is 42

• Dimebag famously used a Randall solid state amp and then his signature Krank ( if I remember correctly).

I assume you have looked on RM for either of these amps? Otherwise you need that slightly artificial, clinical gainey sound - you need a Helix....JOKE...

Perhaps start with a 5150 if you can't find anything as they tend to emphasis those upper mids? Have a play with power amp sag to make sure its razor tight etc..

• Dimebag famously used a Randall solid state amp and then his signature Krank ( if I remember correctly).

I assume you have looked on RM for either of these amps? Otherwise you need that slightly artificial, clinical gainey sound - you need a Helix....JOKE...

Perhaps start with a 5150 if you can't find anything as they tend to emphasis those upper mids? Have a play with power amp sag to make sure its razor tight etc..

Yes, I looked for the Randall, but it wasn’t on Rig Exchange. I didn’t look for the Keanu, because I really only care for his high gain sound on Cowboys From Hell.

I had a Helix, and no offense to anyone who loves theirs, but to me it did sound too artificial when playing ALONE. In a mix it was fine with other instruments.

I’ve tried to get the sound I want with a 5150 III and other high gain amps, but wasn’t successful. I think Dimebag’s tone was mainly due to using a solid state amp.

• I had a Helix, and no offense to anyone who loves theirs, but to me it did sound too artificial when playing ALONE. In a mix it was fine with other instruments.

You have hit the nail squarely on the head here.

Most of our favourite recorded guitar tones don’t sound that great ALONE but may sound EPIC in the mix. That isn’t a fault or flaw in the amp or modelling device but simply the nature of the beast. What sounds great alone often doesn’t cut through a dense mix. Take a listen to some isolated guitar tracks from major records and note how bad many of them sound.

• Yes, I looked for the Randall, but it wasn’t on Rig Exchange. I didn’t look for the Keanu, because I really only care for his high gain sound on Cowboys From Hell.

I had a Helix, and no offense to anyone who loves theirs, but to me it did sound too artificial when playing ALONE. In a mix it was fine with other instruments.

I’ve tried to get the sound I want with a 5150 III and other high gain amps, but wasn’t successful. I think Dimebag’s tone was mainly due to using a solid state amp.

It was a cheap dig at the Helix and I actually didn't really mean it because its a great amp, but Wheresthedug nails it....so many guitar plays sound is awful on its own but in a mix.....

I bought a profile pack of Ozzy guitarists ( as Im a bit....sorry...huge...fan). The Randy Rhoads sound in particular was awful...thin, raspy...then I re listened to Tribute and his solo...his sound was...thin, raspy....but in the mix it cuts through and makes his sound in the upper registers really pop out.