Anyone tried a Fractal FM9 or Axe FX?

• Not me. I treid it on 2 or my pfofiles a mad em worse.

So these are profiles of your own amps right?

What are the amps?, what modeled tone stacks did you use? Did you use existing profiles or redo them using Kemper recommendations, did you note the profiles eq and gain and use it for the matching?

Lots of questions sorry but seriously interested.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• So these are profiles of your own amps right?

What are the amps?, what modeled tone stacks did you use? Did you use existing profiles or redo them using Kemper recommendations, did you note the profiles eq and gain and use it for the matching?

Lots of questions sorry but seriously interested.

Its my own. An i been playing it past week so im familiar with this profile. I went to the lp bassman tonestack an seem to try an match the levels but it looses something. To be fair i just tried the vox 15 tonestack on a cleaniah amp i got an its much nicer. I enjoy the cut knob alot. The tone pops out the speaker like kemper never has. I think its a case of its going to work on some old profiles but i think the gamechanger going to be doing new ones an seting the levels right. Hey we all had it a day, these things take time to settle in out minds right. Looking forward to some youtube peeps running through this all proper. Hope kemper does a tutorial video.

• Don‘t underestimate the effect different (3-4mm in my case) pics can have on your sound. When I switched from 0.73 Tortex to 3mm acrylic pics, my sound changed tremendously. Would never have expected that.

3mm! That's a real man's plectrum :)

I've been using the black 1mm Jim Dunlop picks (the ones made out of slightly flexible material) for so long, not sure what I'd do if they ever stopped making them - definitely part of how I play, and I guess it does affect the attack of the notes etc.

I remember in the early 90's there was a trend for using various power tools to play guitar with - for when you want a really different tone!

• Don‘t underestimate the effect different (3-4mm in my case) pics can have on your sound. When I switched from 0.73 Tortex to 3mm acrylic pics, my sound changed tremendously. Would never have expected that.

3mm! That's a real man's plectrum :)

I've been using the black 1mm Jim Dunlop picks (the ones made out of slightly flexible material) for so long, not sure what I'd do if they ever stopped making them - definitely part of how I play, and I guess it does affect the attack of the notes etc.

I remember in the early 90's there was a trend for using various power tools to play guitar with - for when you want a really different tone!

Try a white bone pick from timbertones. You will never look back. I give my worn out ones to people an they always switch. I carry one on my keyring, i never wana be without one.

• I use V-pics mummy. Pretty expensive (at least here in germany) for a little piece of plastic, but they sound really good. The edges are grinded, which helps cutting through the mix, but the thickness also gives a lot of bottom. Always wanted to make some by myself but still have to find the time…

• I have an FM9 as well as a Kemper Stage. The FM9 is much more complicated than the Kemper. There are so many deep parameters that you could dive into in the Fractal world. That is not good or bad to me. What I can say is that I play the Kemper much more because the raw amp tones in the Kemper sound and feel much more like the real amp. I mostly use profiles of amps I own, even though the profiles of one of them I actually got from Tone Junkie. I couldn't have done them any better than he did and I got them on sale. They are the only paid profiles I have purchased.

Depending on the type of music and tones you play would depend on which of these units is better for you. To me, the Fractal unit is better at high gain tones. I am not a big high gain player. I play tones from super clean to medium gain and occasionally medium high gain. The Kemper just does this better IMHO. If you are a high gain player a Fractal unit may be something you like. I like having both but hardly ever power on the FM9. There is another use case I bought the FM9 specifically for that I have not been doing much lately but if I go back to it, the FM9 will get more use and I will have to deal with the over compressed amps in it, again IMHO.

• I've decided that, with the new Liquid Profile update, I no longer need to try anything else. Sorry Fractal, you've just been axed.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.