OS 10 beta is out! Let's get Liquid!

• I thought that for existing non-LP profiles, you are meant to enter the positions of the tone control and gain at the point the profile was made into Kemper so that when you add one of the new LP tone stacks it knows how to interact correctly with the profile; whereas for LP profiles you don't need to do this.

Some profile sellers include that type of info, so people can dig it out and enter into the Kemper, but are people just selecting a LP tone stack and adding it to an existing profile without inputting the starting positions and then just turning the knobs?

If they are, they still appear to be enjoying the results; however, it would be good to hear feedback from someone who has calibrated the tone stack to the non-LP profile.

Perhaps people are doing this, but just not making it clear in their comments, or I've not read the ones where it is clear the process has been followed.

Anyhow, I was looking forward to the release of LP and based on the comments for the beta it seems I won't be disappointed.

• A question about adding Liquid Profiles to an existing (old) profile:

In the video it is explained, that first in the Amp menu, you press 3 Buttons together and then choose an Amp (other than Kemper Generic).

And so on.

At the end, you long press the Burn button.

What happens, if I don't press the 3 buttons at the beginning and don't press the Burn button at the end?

• I didn't 'till now, and it works pretty well though

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• With the EQ Buttons you reset the values to the original profile ones, the Burn fix the settings on the Profile. I did it yesterday evening for some profile but didn‘t burn it… I think the disadvantage is you can‘t reset it to the the status in between.

• Yeah, it's a tremendous update.

As long as you're not a bass player.

ckemper , we couldn't get even one LQP amp? Even just the Noble DI (2 band w/HPF switch), B15 (2 band and gain), or SVT (vintage or CL) would be AMAZING. Maybe a GK, Eden, SWR... Tons of other but those first three and extra three would cover a HUGE amount of ground. And you know us bass players are pretty easygoing, we'd gladly slap the same one or two on dang near all our profiles.

• With the EQ Buttons you reset the values to the original profile ones, the Burn fix the settings on the Profile. I did it yesterday evening for some profile but didn‘t burn it… I think the disadvantage is you can‘t reset it to the the status in between.

But what will happen, especially with the sound, if I don't press the 3 buttons and the Burn button?

What is the advantage or disadvantage of pressing them or not pressing them?
    I'm still confused about liquid profiles.

• But what will happen, especially with the sound, if I don't press the 3 buttons and the Burn button?

What is the advantage or disadvantage of pressing them or not pressing them?
    I'm still confused about liquid profiles.

I am not sure as well 😂 as said then you put the model onto something that you might have already tweaked, so it is not in the state it was when it was profiled…

• But what will happen, especially with the sound, if I don't press the 3 buttons and the Burn button?

I find that by pressing the 3 buttons and the burn button I can kind of choose where the tone stack knobs are so I can get a more realistic control and the same with the gain stage. If you have the gain/tonestack set too high or too low your knobs won't work right ex. not enough gain to work with or the bass won't do much. Kind of a balancing game if you don't know the original settings. But if you already know the profile settings and you burn them in then you will have a more realistic gain/tonestack to play with.

Please correct me if I'm wrong because I too find it confusing.

• I am under the impression that the 3 "restore" buttons are intended to bookmark the settings of the original profile, so as to set a restore point for the original. If this is correct, then there is no need to save the burned LP as a different file. Is this correct, or am I off base here?

• I think that when you burn it you have already saved it.

Sorry guys I'm wrong you do need to save it. Unless there is a way to do it in rig manager that I don't know.

Edited once, last by Tony G ().

• Jesus kemper do a tutorial video. I can not get the manual in rig manager some reason. Loads of us are just guessing. Im not thick, but it be nice someone going, hey this needs to be set here bla bla. This button does this etc. Is the LP manual here at all? It just says to me cannot download now reload rig manager.

• Sorry what am I missing? The video from kemper shows them profiling twice in the process. Now I just read the manual an its saying once? Someone able to explain?

Confused me too. I think the purpose of the video was to show that the LP can indeed sound like another profile, profiled with other settings. But it didn't really show that either. Anyway, the manual has it right.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Concerning "old" profiles and Liquid profiles:

I got a reply of a Kemper Offical. And if I understood it the right way, you can only change an "old" profile to a liquid profile,

if you have the original settings of the amp when the the profile was done by it's author.
    If you don't have these settings, you cannot change the profile to a liquid profile and

so liquid profiling brings nothing (with "old" profiles), if you are not the author or have the original settings of the profiled amp.

• Concerning "old" profiles and Liquid profiles:

I got a reply of a Kemper Offical. And if I understood it the right way, you can only change an "old" profile to a liquid profile,

if you have the original settings of the amp when the the profile was done by it's author.
    If you don't have these settings, you cannot change the profile to a liquid profile and

so liquid profiling brings nothing (with "old" profiles), if you are not the author or have the original settings of the profiled amp.

I understand it the same way but I wouldn’t say it “brings nothing”. Applying LP to an old profile without the original settings will obviously not turn the old profile into an authentic version of the real amp. It will however introduce a whole range of tone shaping options which weren’t there before. The results may or may not sound good but there is nothing wrong with experimenting. I am sure some people will find killer sounds that they love this way.