" Browser Presets " -vs- " Performance Slots " .... are they automatically linked together (?)

• Hey all !

Quick question:-

Say:-

=> I have 5 unique Browser Presets

=> I set up these 5 unique Browser Presets into 1 x Performance with the 5 Performance Slots containing the 5 unique Browser Presets

=> all good .. no problems

Then:-

=> I edit the 5 unique Browser Presets and I change the Gain and EQ to different settings on each of the 5 unique Browser Presets

Question:-

=> do I need to re-load the newly edited 5 unique Browser Presets into the Performance (?) -or- will the 5 Slots in the Performance automatically detect and play the newly edited 5 unique Browser Presets (?)

Thanks,

Ben

• rigs in browser are independent from rigs in your performances

Yep ..... I get that .. and I do know I can edit Performance Slots to be different sounding to the same corresponding Browser Preset that is loaded.

But I'm wondering about the other way around.

So ... just to clarify .... you're saying

1 => if I have Browser Preset 22 in Slot 4 of Performance 4

2 => and I then later on edit the Gain and EQ in Browser Preset 22 in Browser mode

3 => I then have to *manually* re-load the newly edited Browser Preset 22 into Slot 4 of Performance 4 because Slot 4 of Performance will *not automatically play" the newly edited Browser Preset 22 in Slot 4 of Performance 4 (?)

That seem kind of weird and un-intuitive to me (?)

Ben

• 1 => if I have Browser Preset 22 in Slot 4 of Performance 4

Maybe you need to think about this part differently. You've really just copied the settings from your Browser rig 22 to a rig in your performance. Beyond that there is no connection between the two. You could delete your Browser rig altogether (or for that matter you could delete all Browser rigs) and it would have no effect on the rigs in your performance.

Also, you would edit any existing rigs from within the performance, not in the Browser pool. Click on one of the 5 rigs in your performance and its settings display in the editor. Make sure you have double clicked the performance you want to work on to make it active. Otherwise, it is possible to be editing a rig on an unexpected performance.

Kemper presets (effects/stomps/cabs, etc.) all work that same way. You add copy their settings into a reg slot and there is no longer any connection to the source preset.

Linking vs copying settings is a design choice each with their own pluses and minuses. Kemper chooses the copy approach.

Hope that helps.

• 3 => I then have to *manually* re-load the newly edited Browser Preset 22 into Slot 4 of Performance 4 because Slot 4 of Performance will *not automatically play" the newly edited Browser Preset 22 in Slot 4 of Performance 4 (?)

That seem kind of weird and un-intuitive to me (?)

Ben

Not at all. It is perfectly intuitive and good design philosophy.

Imagine you have preset 22 in multiple different performances but have edited the performances thereby amending the original browser preset 22 differently in several performances. You may not even know where the original performance came from, only that slot 4 in performance 4 is know a sound you like for that specific song. Now you change browser preset 22 and all of a sudden multiple performances have become corrupted with the wrong sound. It could be a total disaster which might not even reveal itself until you hit a performance slot in the middle of a gig and the wrong sound comes out.

• Many thanks all.

Got my head around it better now after reading your responses ... and I do agree now that it *is* actually a better more flexible and intuitive way to go.

Thanks to all again :)

Ben