New rack gear day ..

• I do have an ADA MP-1 pack in the Kemper (Mike Nielsen FTW !!) which gets me most of the way there. Always on the lookout for the real thing at a reasonable price.

The BBE is another bit of the jigsaw. :D

• Back in the day I built a rack with and ADA, a BBE a hush and a Boogie simulclass 295 in only to find that it couldn’t be lifted 😀

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

Edited once, last by Morph: Typo ().

• Back in the day I built a rack with and ADA, a BBE a hush and a Boogie simulclass 295 in not to find that it couldn’t be lifted 😀

Add to that an Alesis Quadraverb, a Lexicon PCM, an Eventide H3000, a Furmann and a Sure wireless receiver and you have my old rack. Mine was on wheels though... ^^

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Back in the day I built a rack with and ADA, a BBE a hush and a Boogie simulclass 295 in not to find that it couldn’t be lifted 😀

I recently moved my rack upstairs. It was comical how much I had to take out of it to be able to carry it up stairs.

Sure, the heavy power &preamps have to com out.....

and the 4 drawers of pedals.....

and the drawers.....

and the modellers.....

the tuner,

the power supply......

the decorative side panels.....

It was an empty shell on wheels.

• Just like drummer that builds the ultimate double bass drum kit and six months later they've gone all "John Bonham" with a 4-piece and a couple of cymbals. My back is very grateful for the advent of Kemper.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Well. That took a while.

I've cabled one channel of the BBE to be in an FX loop of my Helix so it can make friends with my drive pedals and the Helix amp models. And one channel to be in the Kemper FX loop, where it can make friends with the MP-1 profiles.

To make space in the rack*, I had to rejig the rack to have slightly shallower pedal drawers (Ikea Ivar is very flexible in where you can screw stuff).

BUT after some weird cabling errors (feedback and noise from one of my FX, and some patch bay shenanigans), its all in and (more importantly) working.

Yay !

* For the last few years, I've been making the re-making rack taller to accommodate more gear, but its a lot of work.

• New Rack Gear month has been extended !!

I've added a (used ,) dbx compressor to the old school non- modelling/profiling half of my rack, added midi cables to get a degree of potential control over stuff (mainly to get the tempo light to all blink synchronously.

I've also redone the cabling to move the patchbay to the front of the rack (where it should have been all along). Which makes swapping the hardware setup a flippin' breeze.