Rig Manager for Android Public Beta Test Discussion

• Perhaps a bit off topic. But how is the WPS button supposed to work? I click it, but nothing seems to change. Should the display show something? Or perhaps the button should flash? What to expect?

WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup. A router with a WPS button can allow any device to automatically connect to your router when the WPS button is pressed. When you press the WPS button, your router looks for compatible devices right away and allows those devices automatically connect

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I have a Pixel 7 Pro running Android 14.

It's not possible to change the slots in performance mode. When clicking on another slot nothing happens.

The white 3 dot menu to the right of the rig name lets you copy a rig and paste in the other slot, among other things...

• WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup. A router with a WPS button can allow any device to automatically connect to your router when the WPS button is pressed. When you press the WPS button, your router looks for compatible devices right away and allows those devices automatically connect

Thanks. I'm with you so far :). But shouldn't there be some kind of visual response when clicking the button?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• You can re-order within a Performance. Use "Move Left" and "Move Right" in the Meatballs menu (the one with the three dots). To manage the order of the 125 performances you need to use your Profiler hardware or Rig Manager Desktop.

Meatballs menu. That is in interesting thing to call it. I have not seen that one before. I like it. It is typically called an ellipsis here. I have heard it called the kebab menu.

• I got this working on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 - used it with a Stage in hotspot mode. I needed to photograph the QR code on the Stage display to log the Samsung in to the network.

• So far so good. Running RM on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A connected over OTG Ethernet to POE switch that serves a rack profiler and remote.

If anyone else with a Tab A tries this there's a 'gotcha': The ethernet device defaults to DHCP on my version of Android (8.1.0), but since there is no DHCP server the profiler assigns itself an APIPA (aka link-local) IP address in the 169.254.x.x range. That would be fine if the Android network stack behaved correctly by dropping back to link-local - but unfortunately it does not and you get no connectivity. The workaround is to use static addressing. Give the tablet something in the correct range (e.g. 169.254.50.1 / 255.255.0.0), make up a DNS server address (I used 0.0.0.0 / 255.255.0.0) and repeat the IP address as the default gateway. Save the configuration and all should be well. Since I have only the one Android device I do not know if this is common to all Android implementations.

There are no such problems with iOS devices since Apple apparently knows how to read specifications.

• I have a useability related suggestion for both iOS and Android implementations. It's very difficult to know whether 'Save Performance' button has been properly pressed! After losing edits a few times I've learned to wait and watch the Profiler screen to be sure I hit it cleanly. Please consider providing a pop-up on the RM UI to confirm the save?

• Doesn't work for me (Pixel 7 Pro, Android 14). The app can't find my profiler in Home-Network mode and when I change to Access-Point mode then it can't connect either because there's a popup saying "Rig Manager needs access to devices".

• Doesn't work for me (Pixel 7 Pro, Android 14). The app can't find my profiler in Home-Network mode and when I change to Access-Point mode then it can't connect either because there's a popup saying "Rig Manager needs access to devices".

I get this too. Pixel 7 here also.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM