Acoustic guitars IR profiles

• Are they any good free profiles based on IRs of acoustic guitars? I'm finding only commercial ones, but I wanted to first get a feel whether it's worth to use them. I have some acoustic gig upcoming where I can't really use a mic and I'm not a big fan of piezo-only sound.

I know, bit of a noob question, but I don't do acoustic jobs very often.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I don't know if you've done it but why don't you try internal acoustic effect simulation ?

I had some acoustic rigs and use it in all of mine....

TJ did that vid 3 years ago :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Honestly I've never tried using this with an Acoustic guitar (have to use one, cannot show up with an Electric...maybe with my Hollowbody Piezo)

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Honestly I've never tried using this with an Acoustic guitar (have to use one, cannot show up with an Electric...maybe with my Hollowbody Piezo)

Sorry, i understood that you were going to use your electric guitar..... :sleeping: X/

May be, you can use this :

Or this :

• I have not tried this with the Kemper but I did with my FM9. This is how I would do it if I were wanting to do this. I would use an acoustic IR in a cabinet block. If you need an amp to go with it, outside of finding a profile of an acoustic amp, I would profile a cable. This will give you a very neutral amp. I think there is actually one on the rig exchange you can download. Then I would add a compressor, a little chorus and a little reverb to it. That should give you a really nice sound.

• As the owner of a Parker Fly (solidbody electric fitted with a piezo bridge) I am contemplating several possibilities, as well.

christianbad at the moment I am still using a Yamaha AG Stomp, which is an acoustic preamp designed for instruments fitted with a piezo system.

Would it be possible to capture the AG Stomp with the Kemper, in a similar way to what has been already done with the Dexter and the Aura?

This would prevent me from hauling around another piece of equipment

• I have used the acoustic impulses from 3Sigma quite successfully - they're not free, but not really expensive. And they give you a broad range of options for different pickups (piezo, soundhole, electric guitar) and sound variations (more or less low end). They provide Kemper kipr files ready-to-use. As described above: use these impulses as a cab and put a "clean cable" ("Cable Direct" from Rig Exchange) amp before it (allows you to use the tone stack). Garnish with your favorite effects - good to go!

• When I set this type of signal chain up on a different device, I found some good Acoustic IRs that were free. Just Google free acoustic IR and you should find some. Just try them to find the ones you like.