second PROFILER

• Like the title says, Ive owned a kemper since before the remote. Great piece of gear. Only complaint is not having the simplicity of the all in one unit like the stage so I finally got one. What are some best practices for owning two kempers ? How does one sync both units in terms of Performances and rigs ? Can the units be synced and have other differences like the reassignment of looper switch and output settings etc ? Any other useful tips ?

• Like the title says, Ive owned a kemper since before the remote. Great piece of gear. Only complaint is not having the simplicity of the all in one unit like the stage so I finally got one. What are some best practices for owning two kempers ? How does one sync both units in terms of Performances and rigs ? Can the units be synced and have other differences like the reassignment of looper switch and output settings etc ? Any other useful tips ?

I ended up getting a second unpowered head unit.

The one I keep at home is the test/play unit, and the one at the practice studio is the production/gig unit.

When I am happy with the changes I make on the home unit I back it up and take the USB stick to practice and update.

Works a treat, and some pros travel with a USB stick and just ask for a Kemper at the gig.

• DonPetersen

Changed the title of the thread from “A SECOND KEMPER IS ON THE WAY” to “second PROFILER”.
  • If you connect both using MIDI cable and enable "UI to MIDI" (System -> Midi Settings, page 8/12 on Stage) your second Profiler will "copy" whatever you do on first Profiler. Check section "Transmitting User Interface to MIDI Global Channel" in manual. I think this will not copy rigs from one to another - you can use Rig Manager to do this - or use backup / restore. You can combine the two: make both identical using backup / restore and then use UI to MIDI to "copy" changes as you make them.

• look here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A second profiler for me is a must as a backup. If you need a second profiler to complete your live rig, then for me, personally, something is... not wrong but almost. That would mean you need two more, a total of 4 Profilers, to have a backup just in case. Generation II will solve all those problems ;-).

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio