Ahhh What's that? A New Kemper Model? Profiler Player

• Finally..a bit late but here it is..

Looks good. Price is great.

Honestly this is all you need for jam sessions,rehearsals and small gigs around the corner.

2 fx pre and 2 post is a compromise I can live with.

• I see what You say but.. tecnically, it's not Me needing everything Extra. It’s what I'm always used to have. Isnt it?

Think positive..

Half the fx will urge you to compensate x2 with your fingers.. ^^

No seriously..I think it depends on what you need. For jamming or rehearsals I don't need the full action. Even less for small gigs with no FOH and bad acoustics in the small room. A drive,a compressor plus delay/reverb is all I need for these situations.

• So how could I connect this with another MFX pedal - say a Fractal FM3 or a Boss GT1000Core (or a Helix of some sort if I owned one) etc? Use the Kemper Player as the amp in the signal chain.

I've had a brief scan of the manual and am not sure. My current thinking is something like:-

First half of a signal chain in FM3 (drive, distortion etc) --> Send in FM3 --> Instrument In on Kemper Player -->Pre-Stack Effects Blocks A and B are empty --> guitar rig in Kemper --> Monitor Out in Kemper is set to Stack --> Out of Kemper to Return of FM3 --> Rest of signal chain in FM3 (wet effects etc).

Is that how it would be done?

• For me, no loop and only 4 fx is not great but I get why. Could definitely work as a backup to my 9 year old rack if it crapped out to get through a gig. At least tone wise would be similar and easy on the sound engineer.

• I've long said that if a Player came out, it would have to support the flagship models, not undermine them. It was always going to be significantly restricted, because the cost of ditching the ability to capture profiles is just a few £....

Who's going to buy a Stage, minus the XLR and Profiling ability for £20 less?

The cost is less to do with manufacturing cost and more to do with creating something useful at an attractive price, but which won't stop people buying Stages, Heads and Racks.

They'll sell loads, but the existing range will remain strong. Another excellent move 👏

• Think positive..

Half the fx will urge you to compensate x2 with your fingers.. ^^

No seriously..I think it depends on what you need. For jamming or rehearsals I don't need the full action. Even less for small gigs with no FOH and bad acoustics in the small room. A drive,a compressor plus delay/reverb is all I need for these situations.

yeah yeah... I can also think even More Positive : Les Paul + wah wah + a Good singol channel Marshall IS what I basically ever need But. . . . Now that I've used to.. since 2011... this new kemper product seems a bit too much reductive.

Can I just have 1 singol Full performance I'm comfortable with in a compact/traveler/easy and cheaper pedal board ? NO . OK !

this is not for me..

as simple That.

I'm not angry... Maybe a lil diappointed.

But actulally OK. Cheers :) :thumbup:

• The timing of this release was perfect having spent the past few weeks finishing a deep dive on the live Kemper rig. Very exciting! Had to order one immediately !

Was wondering if we still have the High/Low pass on the Cabinet? The ability to add pedals should provide confidence to dial up some great sounds without compromise. This is such a pleasant surprise!

Edited once, last by granthd ().

• What you like to do is called "4 cable method". This should be work with the Kemper Player (Kemper Player in the FX Loop of your device of choice).

The only thing that I see as a downside is, that there is no Midi Port (only Midi over USB). So if you are not planning to manage your switching via a daw on a laptop on stage or an app like Stage Traxx 3 via iPad, it should be a little bit difficult to use.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• Well Sollazzon maybe the product isn’t for you?; it’s not for me either and then some bastard suggested the possibility of dual amps damm it. 8o

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Well Sollazzon maybe the product isn’t for you?; it’s not for me either and then some bastard suggested the possibility of dual amps damm it. 8o

Hehe.. I already have 2 kpa (Head + PWRack) for those rare sessions when I "need" dual amp.

I Was on Kemper website and Ive noticed It's Officially called KEMPER PROFILER Player but actually it Doesn't Profile. It's a bit confusing isn't it?