Ahhh What's that? A New Kemper Model? Profiler Player

• I have one in my shopping cart on the Kemper site. I'm just waiting to hear back about how they handle duty and taxes shipping to Canada. If it ends up going through a broker, there's no telling what it will cost to actually get it to my door.

Has anyone in Canada ordered directly from Kemper? How did it go?

• Thanks ckemper.

Everything you tell makes sense.

And... I "know" (as you do) that the Player is exactly what a lot of people were expecting.

Indeed, I was expecting something like the Player but without effects! Man, it can handle all the effects I generally use!

• Just to confirm, are we interpreting this:

"Thus we consider since quit a while to offer one or two software upgrade (with costs), that will boost the Players features towards the Head, Rack and Stage."

To mean that it is possible/likely that they will offer a paid upgrade for the Player to have more features of the Head/Rack/Stage? Like for example more effects?

That was how I read it but wanted to confirm.

• Affirmative. But no ETA yet.

• But I think it is understandable that we have not drawn a Profiler at half the price of a Profiler Stage but 85%-ish of it‘s featues.

Thus we consider since quit a while to offer one or two software upgrade (with costs), that will boost the Players features towards the Head, Rack and Stage.

I think that makes a lot of sense, and I'm happy to hear there's no technical limitation.
    R&D costs money, and hopefully most people understand that. I'm guessing there are many like me, who would happily invest in that upgrade, and it's a win-win situation for everyone.
    One question I had - Just to make sure, the expectation is that we can purchase the Player with the limited effects today, and opt for the software upgrade when it is made available ?

• Would that include global EQ on the monitor output? That particular feature is very helpful (essential even) when you use the device into returns of different venues amps….

And may I suggest to consider owners of one of the other models to be considered as “licensed for the full feature pack” ;)

• Anyone know a nice pedalboard DI? I'm thinking of the use-case of Player TS Out --> effects you want after amp --> DI box --> XLR to PA.

Most of the DI boxes I'm aware of are also like speaker sim's and stuff like that, which isn't needed with something like the Player.

Any good pedalboard friendly DI box recommendations for using with Player?

• It would be interesting that for Existing Kemper Rack/Head/Stage users they get a discounted paid upgrade maybe tied to the product registration. Those users are obviously not trying to buy a half priced unit but a portable version of what they already own. Loyalty paid back ! :)

Unlike KPP only users do make sense to pay full for the upgrade if they want to access all the features otherwise available on the big units.

• 2011 MacBook and 2012 Mac Pro and no "mobile" devices here.

Will I be able to use the Player with Rig Manager on these 'puters? They're both running MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

Bear in mind that I'm not able to run a KAOS 10-compatible version of Rig Manager on this OS.

Thank you!

• Official Post

No, I‘m sorry. System requirements for Rig Manager on macOS: macOS® version 10.14 Mojave or higher