Player - Global EQ

• Now 3 days into using the Player and I am honestly loving it! I noted that the Bass, Middle, Treble controls on the unit appear to be the same kind as the ones for Gain and Rig Volume. For those two if you turn them while pushed, a different function (Noise Gate and Bluetooth Volume respectively) is accessed.

Bluntly assuming that the Bass, Middle and Treble control hardware-wise have the same capability, I think it would be great for the users to via this means get access to a *global EQ*. In the rehearsal room I found that *in general* the sounds I worked out at home were a bit to heavy on the bass. Then I had to change each rig separately. Which, since the bassiness was likely more due to the room, is not really the best method. A global EQ would solve this.

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Kemper Player, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, Orange PPC212, Suhr S.Henderson Strat, Fender Ultra Tele, PRS S2 Custom24, Variax JTV-69

• Just like most profiles, you need to add a low and high cut to fit good in a mix.

This doesn't achieve the OP requirement of being able to quickly adjust the eq globally to compensate for a specific room. Some are bright and ringing, some are dark and dry...

• This doesn't achieve the OP requirement of being able to quickly adjust the eq globally to compensate for a specific room. Some are bright and ringing, some are dark and dry...

I don't believe a one-size-fits-all approach will work since any room will be acoustically different from the other anyway. So, my opinion is a global EQ won't cut it. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• We can disagree. 🙂 I think it's important to be able to globally tweak the whole unit for a given room, even if it's just bass, mids, treble.

I'm good with 'disagreements' because we can always consider them as other 'options'. ;)

• I'm good with 'disagreements' because we can always consider them as other 'options'. ;)

I think that's ultimately what he is asking for. The option to use the currently unused secondary functions as global EQ.

It makes sense, you might have done the hi pass low pass stuff per-preset and still find once on a particular stage you have a room that is making you want a quick global adjustment...the knobs are right there...why not have the option to just push and twist your problem away?

They could program the Player to not store the adjustments at power down and instead reset to neutral settings.

Of course I'm assuming the BMT knobs work the way he hopes and the firmware allows for such an addition.

• I think that's ultimately what he is asking for. The option to use the currently unused secondary functions as global EQ.

It makes sense, you might have done the hi pass low pass stuff per-preset and still find once on a particular stage you have a room that is making you want a quick global adjustment...the knobs are right there...why not have the option to just push and twist your problem away?

They could program the Player to not store the adjustments at power down and instead reset to neutral settings.

Of course I'm assuming the BMT knobs work the way he hopes and the firmware allows for such an addition.

You can do the global cuts on a mixer for a particular stage.

• You can do the global cuts on a mixer for a particular stage.

I'll have to disagree with you too on this one Larry.

You can do eq tweaks from the desk for the "room". However, you could easily want to tweak to monitor sound "on stage" because of a hostile sound environment. I've played plenty of places with OK rooms but really terrible stages. In this case the desk would be of no help. Any adjustments need to be made to the global Monitor Out.

• I'll have to disagree with you too on this one Larry.

You can do eq tweaks for n the desk for the "room". However, you could easily want to tweak to monitor sound "on stage" because of a hostile sound environment. I've played plenty of places with OK rooms but really terrible stages. In this case the desk would be of no help. Any adjustments need to be made to the global Monitor Out.

This is where the Fender TM FR12 excels. You can adjust for the stage without changing anything on the Kemper

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better