Am I nuts?

• I have a Kemper powered toaster, the unpowered CAB, remote, pedal, the works. I am trying to downsize things.

I'm thinking about selling this whole setup, and go with the player. I only play in my room for my enjoyment now. I don't create profiles, most of my stuff is from ToneJunkies.

What will I lose doing this? I have a Fender FR-12 and a Tone Master Pro too. I could run the Player in to the FR-12 (at least I believe I can). I think I can use my pedal with the Player.

Thoughts?

• If you have the money, you might get a Player and try it in the FX Loop of of the TMP and see how you like it. If you don't like it, send it back. If you do, let me know how it works out, I have a unpowered Rack and a TMP.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• You have less FX effect. Only 4 FX Slots and not all FX are available in player.

So it depends how much you use them.

If you only use the amp profiles, compressor, delay and reverb a switch to player could be a good decision.

Or you sell your powered Kemper and get an stage, if you use allot of Fx

• You are nuts. It's going to be tough selling anything of value in this economy. You might suffer a pretty big loss. Keep what you got especially if it's already paid for and wait for better times.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• If anything I'd say do not sell. Wait until you have both in hand and then decide. Primarily if you already have kemper rigs that you intend to re-use in the player. You may want to create versions of those specifically edited for the player.Let's say you have a rig with an EQ setting in slot C that is crucial to the overall sound, you will need to move that to, say, slot B BEFORE putting it on the player, or it will be lost. You could theoretically lose any sounds you've spent time tweaking. Trading in right now will only net you a loss in both finance, and more importantly, function.

• You are nuts. It's going to be tough selling anything of value in this economy. You might suffer a pretty big loss. Keep what you got especially if it's already paid for and wait for better times.

I don't understand this comment. No one actually knows how tough it will be to sell your unit. Put it up for sale and see how it goes. You don't have to sell for a loss if you don't want to, right?

I don't know what 'this' economy means, but it sounds like a fear based, questionable talking point. In any case, it has little to do with your specific question.

Personally, I wouldn't think twice about trading for a player if I was only playing at home.

• I don't understand this comment. No one actually knows how tough it will be to sell your unit. Put it up for sale and see how it goes. You don't have to sell for a loss if you don't want to, right?

I don't know what 'this' economy means, but it sounds like a fear based, questionable talking point. In any case, it has little to do with your specific question.

Personally, I wouldn't think twice about trading for a player if I was only playing at home.

That's your opinion and I am fine with that. I gave my opinion and it was based on some personal fact that was relative. If you would like me to elaborate on how the economy affects sales of goods, I can message you to discuss.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I had that same thought selling my stage and getting the Kemper Player but then I thought about the differences.

Only 2 effects before and after the stack. The stage has 4 before and after the stack.

The player can't profile. The stage can. ( I personally never profiled anything so no big deal for me )

More connections on the back and more options specially in the studio including effects loop that you can put before or after the stack. I have my effects loop in stereo connected to my patch bay. That's a big one for me when I want to use any of my analog pedals.

Way more effects with the Stage. You only get a few with the player.

There are more differences but for me these are the main ones.

What I'm thinking is maybe wait and buy a used one if the price is right. For 2 reasons: (1) If anything happens to my stage then I have the player. (2) I would love to experiment with 2 Kempers. Just think of the possibilities. If the player was the same price as the Tonex I would have done it already.

• "I only play in my room for my enjoyment now" - I'd say you can totally downsize to just the Player then, no need for anything fancy. I have tons of equipment for the different sessions and tours I do but when playing in my music room, I never get fancier than an HX Effects plugged in a cheap, tiny combo amp: in those situations, I play with the volume so low that the sound quality pretty much doesn't matter: as long as I'm in the ballpark... Soundwise, even a Player would kill my practice rig but like I said it doesn't matter at this volume hence why unless I need to tweak or run the material, I usually don't even bother taking the Powerhead out of its bag between gigs. That being said, if you have bigger ambitions like recording etc, keeping the full size KPA is definitely a better choice.