Biggest, Fattest BE/HBE Profiles?

• So who makes the fattest sounding Friedman BE profiles? I have tried the Mbritt and the Chop Tones profiles. With both samples I am left wanting bottom end in the tone. I play hard rock. I need something for live use that fills out the bottom end. Thanks!

For reference, I'd like to be able to get tones like the attached clip at 2:28.

Karol G - Ahora me Llama en vivo Costa Rica
    🎸 Website https://www.susvasquez.com/📩 Contact (Business Inquiries Only) [email protected]📷 Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/susvasquez/🎶 Spotify ...
    youtu.be

• From what I understand, you let the bassist fill your bottom end while you play with more midrange and top end, as compared to that video you posted. Midrange is what is going to get that punch against the bass. I agree with others that the recording is muddy. It's like the master EQ is tilted down to the high end.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Most profiles come off a mic'ed amp that is not producing much sound below 100-120 Hz. That is where you get the thump.

In my studio for jamming fun, I use a STUDIO EQ and set the lowest EQ to 180Hz and dial up the gain on that band.

For a PA you may need less freq and gain.

For a 4x12 cab you may need much more since guitar speakers tend to peter out around 100Hz. But all the thump comes from 100 and below.

PROBLEMS:

1) The freq you pick will vary with the speakers you are using. What sounds good on your speakers may sound like muffled garbage on a PA with some real bass response. So you are playing a dangerous game. You have enough rope to hang yourself.

2) As people are saying above, in a band setting the guitar sits above the bass in frequency. The thump you hear in a song comes from the bass and guitar at the same time. By adding too much guitar bass, you will be fighting the bass guitar in a mix. If you and your bassist are not super tight it may make you sound out of time and muddy.