For those about to 4x12 w/Kones

• Ive just had a look at this

my first question is:

- Why they refer to quad cortex when there is clearly a KPA rack in those pics?

A part from this question..

Who has a 4x12 loaded with 4 Kones?

Have You ever measured How Loud they could be? (Ain't we talking about the same Jet plane taking off loudness ? ) =O

Ain't this risk to kill pepole with a butterfly effect? :D

• It says the Cab works well with "modeling" amps. The Kemper is a profiling amp. BTW, I've never heard of anyone dying from a loud sound but I have heard of people going insane over high frequencies.

Most importantly, FRFR speakers work incredibly well with modeling amps such as the Quad Cortex

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Maybe the person writing the copy didn't see the photos before they were smooshed together.

I think that the world is moving on from 100watt stacks*. Making your 'device that makes the sound of an amp and speakers' loud enough to play a gig or compete with a PA may well need such things. I'm guessing its a standard cab with 4x celestion FR speakers or similar - the Nobel committee aren't prepping for a new category for prizes for contributions to speakers next year.

I'd be way more interested in a hybrid cab switchable between plugging in my amp, or plugging in my modeller/profiler and getting the right sound out of it. The solution I was gradually working towards was having a pair of PA cabinets each with a guitar speaker and a FR speaker, and a toggle switch to swap between them.

* I missed out on a Marshall dummy 100watt stack last year (same as the real amp&cabinets but only about 6 inches deep with no internals that I wanted to mount onto my cupboard door.

• 43 kg and 1800 bucks? I'm out.

Soundguy:"Cool, you have a Stage! Love this portable digital gear"...you "mmmh....could you help me getting this fridge down from the truck?"

BTW: not even at a festival like Rock am Ring you need/can use 140dB (that would probably destroy your heardrums).

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I use a 2x12" loaded with Kones. That works very well !

I guess 4x12" would be fun, they move a lot of air ;)

Just remembering the time when I had the 100W Marshall with the 4x12" V30 cabinet.... 8) was a good feeling!

If I'll ever play in a Rock band again, I will get a second 2x12" and equip it with my spare Kones to use both of them together.

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|