Rig Manager Problems

• Hi!

I got a Profiler Player and I'm quite happy with the hardware so far. What I'm not happy with is the Rig Manager. The following problems drive me crazy:

- When pressing the button 'Store as new' in the local Library the rig info in the list disappears (no name, no date, no author...). It looks like the rig is duplicated (two rigs without info in the list) but the copy is just a generic rig that has nothing in common with the one I worked with.

- Using the button 'Store in rig in local library' does not do what the button sais but creates a generic rig in the local library with no info (no name, date, author...) that has nothing in common with the one I wanted to copy to the library

- 'Store rig in Profiler' from the local library does create a generic rig with no info (no name, date, author...) in the profiler. It too does not sound like the one I wanted to copy.

- When using the Profiler with the Rig Manager running the rig I'm using gets overwritten with a rig named 'crunch' - the rig that was stored in that slot is lost. I really did not press any button. The rig was not changed since a few days ago when I stored it (with the button on the player). I just played, was happy with the sound and then it suddenly changed.

Since I seem to be the only one with problems like that I assume I am doing something (very) wrong. I reinstalled the Rig Manager and updated to the latest version (3.5.16) but that changed nothing.

Any suggestions? :)

• Are you trying to Store a Rig that has been loaded into the Player’s Edit Buffer (double click to load and head-hone icon showing) or just single clicking to select a rig then hitting store in player ?

I thought this was a bug and reported it to Kemper but they explained to me that I was just missing an important step in the process. The Store In Player button only stores the rig which is currently loaded in the Player’s edit buffer.

• I had the exact same problem.

I believed I’ve solved it with the following steps:

1. Load rig into Player’s edit buffer
    2. Tweak to taste
    3. Rename (dropdown top right of bottom half of Rig Manager)
    4. Store in Profiler
    5. Store in local library

From that point, edits seem to affect the Rig I intended them to.

The above is from the first and only session of a few hours yesterday that I’ve had to really dive into this cool piece of equipment. The process seems to work, but I’d love to hear from those more experienced in the Kemper-verse if there’s a better way to do things.

I would also appreciate if someone has a reference for how to use presets in the Profiler. I understand that effects settings and entire effects chains can be stored as presets, which would radically speed using a different profile with one’s favorite effects chain, for example. The material I found doesn’t completely describe how to do this.

• I would also appreciate if someone has a reference for how to use presets in the Profiler. I understand that effects settings and entire effects chains can be stored as presets, which would radically speed using a different profile with one’s favorite effects chain, for example. The material I found doesn’t completely describe how to do this.

You can only create presets of individual effects on the Player and Stage. The Head And Rack had buttons for full Stomp and FX chains but this was removed for the Stage and is now considered redundant unfortunately.

• I'm also running into constant problems with Rig Manager. "Store Rig In Profiler" always drops the name I entered and reverts to the original Rig name. When selecting the slot to store in, there's a feature that shows what is currently in the slot but it just doesn't work when you select a different bank... it keeps showing the name that is in the corresponding slot of the first bank not the currently selected one. I keep having multiple full out crashes of Rig Manager with OS generated error reports. I often run into an issue where Rig Manager fails to detect the Profiler and have to reboot the Player to see it, even just after a fresh boot. Don't leave Rig Manager open and go away for a while because when you come back it just won't work. This looks like pre-Beta software to me. Early days for sure.

• I have the exact same issues. Rig manager is SO bad with the Player that I just removed Rig Manager and am using my phone only, with only the stock items on the Player, as new from the factory. It's just not worth the headaches.

• I think I understood it wrongly at the beginning. I also think the manuals (both, the player and the rig manual) are non describing it enough for someone who never used a Kemper.

The concept is that "store rig in profiler" and "store and all these buttons works only with the rig that you have uploaded in that moment (the one that have the headphone symbol on the left). Drag and drop of a rig that is not the one uploaded produce what we describe.

So said, sometime when you save the rig, the rig manager keep showing the name of the old one. I think this is a bug because when you close and open the program again it shows the correct one.

• Official Post

So said, sometime when you save the rig, the rig manager keep showing the name of the old one. I think this is a bug because when you close and open the program again it shows the correct one.

Exactly, Rig Manager shows the wrong name but the correct name was stored. The correct name shows up once you re-launch Rig Manager Desktop. We have already fixed that for the upcoming version.