Distortion, Fuzzy sounds, all sound horrible

• Hello! I hope everyone is alright!

I’m new in this world of profilers, simulators, electronic devices that copy amp sounds, you know what I mean…

I’m having trouble with my device, I’m trying to figure out how the hi gain distortion sounds good. I’m looking for videos, copying their rigs, also in the rig manager I put some signature rigs and also sounded really bad, like REALLY bad. I watched a few videos and nothing, there’s actually any video about this subject…

So I’m here asking for help, I really want to make things work out with this, is really frustrating because I’ve spend hours tweaking and watching videos and solved nothing… I’m just bad using this, I have 0 knowledge about this but I’ve heard that Kemper is killing it on the market right now… like in a good way. That’s why I bought the Kemper player

I’m playing my rigs through my headphones on mono… there’s no stereo option.

I’ve tweaked the clean sens and nothing, and there’s no distortion sens… Moved the noise gate and nothing.

Please help!

• How you are listening is the place to start.

1) You have headphones. Are they any good? I personally dont like guitar in headphones, especially for distorted profiles. I use mostly flat studio headphones and guitar sounds bad in all of them. I have some gaming ones that guitar sounds pretty good. But your mileage will vary.

2) You should also try the Kemper thru whatever you are watching videos on. Are you watching vids on your headphones or PC speakers? That way you can compare on the same speakers/headphones.

3) What type of gain sounds are you looking for? Metal, Rock, certain band?

4) This YouTube video has 5 metal profiles that are in ALL Kempers.
    Top 5 Profiles

Cheers

• Try to change the "space" value in output settings. This will change the sound and feeling.

The amp in the room effect is hard to archive, because in profiling process you get the miced sound.

Edited 2 times, last by Simon S ().

• I think all of us experienced this problem at one time or another, first year i had the kpa i hated it and wanted my boogie back but once i learned that the sound i was chasing was wrong (amp in the room) and retrained my ear to listen to the sound that the mic captures it began to make sense…. Figure out how to mimic moving the mic and use way less gain then you think you need , use the hp/lp filter also . Usually if the profile sounds awesome by yourself it dosent sound good in the mix but if its kinda the opposite of what your used to (amp in room) it will cut through nicely…. All of this is just my personal thought and experience hope it helps

• i don't understand what you mean by 'I’m playing my rigs through my headphones on mono… there’s no stereo option.' so you only get one ear working ? if you put a stereo effect on you don't get the stereo effect in the headphones ?

i have to disagree with RosboneMako my profiler sounds amazing through headphones, it's actually my preferred way to play. i can't really hear a 'sound quality difference' between the headphones and the Kabinet, sure headphones and a cabinet can't be compared but if the headphone sound was so bad in comparison i would have noticed it over the years with all the different ones i tried. i use semi open Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro but have used different ones over the years and although the DT's are my favorite i have some cheap TDK cans i use for cutomers when they demo and even they sound pretty good.

Also what do you mean by 'I’ve tweaked the clean sens and nothing, and there’s no distortion sens… Moved the noise gate and nothing.' you don't hear any difference ? And you don't have a distortion sense option at all ??? And your noise gate is not working ?

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

Edited 2 times, last by stickman ().

• Also what do you mean by 'I’ve tweaked the clean sens and nothing, and there’s no distortion sens… Moved the noise gate and nothing.' you don't hear any difference ? And you don't have a distortion sense option at all ??? And your noise gate is not working ?

The OP has a Player. The Player doesn’t have Distortion Sense for some reason.