eight dotted delay (U2)

• I would use the dual delay, set the note value and then use Tap Tempo. This would allow you to use the same setup on different tracks

Hi Kellerblues, thank you for this option, but unfortunately no luck. Both delay settings behave as a normal standard delay setting.

It turns out to be very difficult, if not impossible to create such a delay for a Kemper.

I also have found out that you can get a free (!) patch for this exactly sounding 1/8 dotted delay if you are an owner of the Boss Katana amp. Lucky players...!

• Hi Kellerblues, thank you for this option, but unfortunately no luck. Both delay settings behave as a normal standard delay setting.

It turns out to be very difficult, if not impossible to create such a delay for a Kemper.

I also have found out that you can get a free (!) patch for this exactly sounding 1/8 dotted delay if you are an owner of the Boss Katana amp. Lucky players...!

I've been asked to cover Pride and I had no problem getting the exact sound. Next week, when I have a bit more time, I'll make a Screenshot of the settings

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• It turns out to be very difficult, if not impossible to create such a delay for a Kemper.

I disagree with this completely. When I played Streets - multiple people commented on how nearly dead-on the sound was.

That's not be being boastful - just the truth.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• theplayer Please post a recording. Play to a metronome that is set to the correct tempo for the delay settings. As others have stated, keeping the tempo to the beat and not falling into the delay is crucial for the desired effect.

• Why not just search Rig Manager for Maurizio70 profiles. They all work and sound authentic. Just go to Rig settings and set the BPM of the track.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Official Post

theplayer Please post a recording. Play to a metronome that is set to the correct tempo for the delay settings. As others have stated, keeping the tempo to the beat and not falling into the delay is crucial for the desired effect.

it is my suspicion also that this is the key issue.

theplayer
    without a recording against a click track or drumloop at the right tempo this thread cannot progress.

• I disagree with this completely. When I played Streets - multiple people commented on how nearly dead-on the sound was.

That's not be being boastful - just the truth.

I can understand that. Everyone likes to hear a good band and goes, in a figurative way, nuts, while listening . But you can count on 2 maybe 3 fingers those in the crowd who really listens and explain what they exactly hear. After hundreds of gigs in many years I know the answer...

• theplayer Please post a recording. Play to a metronome that is set to the correct tempo for the delay settings. As others have stated, keeping the tempo to the beat and not falling into the delay is crucial for the desired effect.

Hi Hell-G. Have you seen my # 19 answer and listened to my audio file?

• Official Post

theplayer

drumloop @126bpm
    RIG Tempo @126bpm
    preset 'The Edge Pong 5/16'

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• again, you must play this against a metronome or a drumloop or the off-set 16th notes will shift your tempo to sound like an 8th or 16th note.

This is where wet/dry setups come in real handy. So you can punch the wet out of your monitor and just hear your own dry signal

• again, you must play this against a metronome or a drumloop or the off-set 16th notes will shift your tempo to sound like an 8th or 16th note.

Absolutely unnecessary. This delay is a metronome of itself, if its settings are properly constructed!! The real key is: HOW?

For everyone: Look, see and listen here. I now hope that all know what I'm talking about because I don’t want this topic to go out of hand. Pay special attention to what he says at 1:45 !!

8 dotted delay.mp4
    1 file sent via WeTransfer, the simplest way to send your files around the world
    we.tl

Edited 3 times, last by theplayer ().

• Absolutely unnecessary. This delay is a metronome of itself, if its settings are properly constructed!! The real key is: HOW?

For everyone: Look, see and listen here. I now hope that all know what I'm talking about because I don’t want this topic to go out of hand. Pay special attention to what he says at 1:45 !!

https://we.tl/t-3IZYj3u1pk

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Absolutely unnecessary. This delay is a metronome of itself, if its settings are properly constructed!! The real key is: HOW?

https://we.tl/t-3IZYj3u1pk

Again, if you do not lock into the beat of the metronome or drumloop, you will never achieve the desired effect. Provide the recording of your playing on the beat in the correct tempo showing how the delay will not sound correct. DonPetersen provided proof of concept, you did not.

• I did allready this. Tried several of them but they are divergent...

Just set the metronome to 127bpm on the Where the Streets profile. First off, see if you can play 8th notes with the delay turned off. Then get someone to turn it on and see if you can keep tempo.

If that doesn't work, maybe it is just not your thing.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Words alone aren’t going to explain your problems to us. They just aren’t.

Like calling a dentist and saying “my tooth hurts…..fix it!” He’d say:

“Come and let me see.”

“No.”

“Then I can’t help.”

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche