Can't get rid of reverb and delay SOLVED!!

• There are some good clean rigs between my enormous bunch of rigs in My Profiler. So I tried one for a song. There was too much delay and reverb in it so I cleaned this up. No effect. Then I shut off Delay and Reverb. No effect. I shut of the Profiler ( maybe something in My Profiler was kept in memory?) No effect.

I tried several other rigs. They all won't shut off reverb and delay or at least react to other settings...

What can cause this misbehaviour?

Edited 2 times, last by theplayer ().

• Hi BayouTexan, The modules weren't locked. BTW I never lock anything. I only locked something by accident a long time ago and had trouble to unlock, so never used it afterwards.

I shut off the corresponding knobs in the rig by pressing on it causing the light go out. I never use RM for this.

I also found out now that my whole range of rigs doesn't respond to shutting of delay and reverb

• Hi BayouTexan, The modules weren't locked. BTW I never lock anything. I only locked something by accident a long time ago and had trouble to unlock, so never used it afterwards.

I shut off the corresponding knobs in the rig by pressing on it causing the light go out. I never use RM for this.

I also found out now that my whole range of rigs doesn't respond to shutting of delay and reverb

If your using the main output double check your output settings that it isnt set to dly\verb wet N'mind. Just realized that doesn't make sense in your issue.

Edited once, last by dfdfan ().

• So your different rigs have different reverb and delay settings, but you can't turn them on or off or edit them? That eliminates lock as a culprit anyway.

Trying Rig Manager would help determine if it's the actual buttons on the Kemper that are faulty.

• Long press both Delay and Reverb buttons makes no difference. Both buttons are not lit (of course not in RM too) but any rig is full of delay and reverb, whether button is lit or not...

So I'm really start thinking too about a serious problem. Buying a new Kemper? Since my 10 years of having my Kemper I never have heard anything about a specific repairshop for the Kemper. And I need my Kemper for doing gigs. And now it abandones me...

Edited 2 times, last by theplayer ().

• Long press both Delay and Reverb buttons makes no difference. Both buttons are not lit (of course not in RM too) but any rig is full of delay and reverb, whether button is lit or not...

So I'm really start thinking too about a serious problem. Buying a new Kemper? Since my 10 years of having my Kemper I never have heard anything about a specific repairshop for the Kemper. And I need my Kemper for doing gigs. And now it abandones me...

Woah, unlikely to be a physical problem as the buttons are switching the lights on and off, so more likely to be a software or user/setup issue.

So couple of questions:

1) Can you eliminate reverb and delay or ANY profiles?

2) Can you switch off any other effects?

3) How are you monitoring? Have you tried other monitoring e.g. headphones? If it is headphones, make sure space isn't enabled

• Hi V8guitar,

Situation has changed completely...! Now suddenly I'm able to control both buttons and change settings again. I really haven't a clue how or why.....

Yesterday evening and a part of the night I havebeen busy with checking constantly a number of other rigs and their buttons like amplifier switching off and on again. Button reacted as normal. The same process wit the EQ button. No problem. Until I came to the reverb and delay buttons. No reaction whatsoever...

Also this morning kept me going with this big issue for me

Finally, an hour ago suddenly delay and reverb were controllable again and now they are working if nothing has happened. Is this temporarily fall out a sign of a bigger fail to come or an underlying problem? It seems pretty unpredictable to me what has happened....

• I think you accidentally locked something or inadvertently changed some setting. It's probably a very rare occasion so I think you are okay. Glad you back to normal operation. Next time you come across a situation like this just do a "init globals" to have settings go back to factory default instead of spending time trying to diagnose.

You should edit your title to add [Solved}.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Difficult to tell. Its either as BayouTexan said you did something inadvertantly, a software error that has cleared itself or a physical problem with those butttons that has just started.

I think if it happens again, you do need to go through some basic diagnostics to see if you can narrow it down, otherwise you will continue to worry.

• theplayer

Changed the title of the thread from “Can't get rid of reverb and delay” to “Can't get rid of reverb and delay SOLVED!!”.
  • So weird. Do you have a floorboard attached? I wonder if maybe a button or something has gone faulty and creating a confliction in messages?

• If it just "went away", I'd guess some sort of software glitch. Not necessarily a bug.

With the way electronic hardware is built and functions, it either works fine or it doesn't. A slow deterioration (IMO) is unlikely. Otherwise it wouldn't just 'fix' itself as if nothing happened.

For sure if it happens again - contact support first. I've never heard of anything like this.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I think you accidentally locked something or inadvertently changed some setting. It's probably a very rare occasion so I think you are okay. Glad you back to normal operation. Next time you come across a situation like this just do a "init globals" to have settings go back to factory default instead of spending time trying to diagnose.

You should edit your title to add [Solved}.

Such a problem can't be caused by "accidently'" or "inadvertently". It would explicitly require much more actions to get this done. But like you I'm very glad that indeed everything's OK now. And you're right, it's searching in the dark...

About your suggestion of "ïnit globals" Never got into that situation. Does this mean that you have to start again from scratch? I'm not aware of the consequences...

I'm glad too that I can change the title of this topic... Thank you BayouTexan.

• So weird. Do you have a floorboard attached? I wonder if maybe a button or something has gone faulty and creating a confliction in messages?

Hi dfdfan. I agree! I do have a midi floorboard for accessing all rigs through System. The situation is under control now and there has been no sigh that the floorboard had anything to do with it. In fact, the floorboard hasn't been touched and is still in operation.

But thank you for pointing out.

• If it just "went away", I'd guess some sort of software glitch. Not necessarily a bug.

With the way electronic hardware is built and functions, it either works fine or it doesn't. A slow deterioration (IMO) is unlikely. Otherwise it wouldn't just 'fix' itself as if nothing happened.

For sure if it happens again - contact support first. I've never heard of anything like this.

I agree with you. I still can't understand how, why and what caused this. But as you can see on top: everything is working again. Still a puzzle to me.

Thank you Ruefus for your advice if something similar will occur again. BTW what can Support do from far away?

• I agree with you. I still can't understand how, why and what caused this. But as you can see on top: everything is working again. Still a puzzle to me.

Thank you Ruefus for your advice if something similar will occur again. BTW what can Support do from far away?

They built the thing. They know what questions to ask and in what order to figure out an issue. Even if the answer is "you need to send it in."

It's not a lot different than IT software support. Which almost all long-range.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche