Stage no longer usable...

• Hello everyone,

after the last update 10.2.02 my Kemper Stage takes forever to boot up.

The stage now starts with the "welcome" setup every time. So I have to confirm the date, time and re-enter the name every time I start.

Before the update, the stage booted up in no time and was ready to go in Peruform mode.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong here or which setting needs to be changed so that the Stage works again as it did before the update?

I am grateful for any help!

• the battery only serves the purpose of keeping the internal clock running. Even if it is empty it would not explain why the welcome screen shows up every time the Stage is powered on.

Please open a ticket for your issue using the contact form in the support section of the Kemper website.

• Hello,

I have now loaded the current operating system 10.2.2 again onto the Kemper via the stick. However, this only worked if I didn't save the file in the backup folder, but separately on the stick. I deleted the backup folder. Everything else was not recognized by the stage. The whole process was very annoying and time-consuming. I'm excited to see how long it's running now. I will probably avoid updates in the future, as they don't work smoothly with the Kemper yet.

• While understand your frustration. Difficulty with updates is not normal.

Not unheard of, but not normal.

Sorry your one of the unlucky ones.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hello,

I have now loaded the current operating system 10.2.2 again onto the Kemper via the stick. However, this only worked if I didn't save the file in the backup folder, but separately on the stick. I deleted the backup folder. Everything else was not recognized by the stage. The whole process was very annoying and time-consuming. I'm excited to see how long it's running now. I will probably avoid updates in the future, as they don't work smoothly with the Kemper yet.

the backup folder is only for backups. The kaos.bin file needs to be in the OS Updates folder or the root directory of the USB stick. Deleting the backup folder is not required at any time. In the downloaded archive you can find a detailed description of the update process in the "How to update" PDF.

• While understand your frustration. Difficulty with updates is not normal.

Not unheard of, but not normal.

Sorry your one of the unlucky ones.

Totally agree.

I have been running my Kemper for 9 years and I always do updates including Betas. I have only ever had 1 minor problem that support sorted out so definitely chase this down.

The update process can be a little clunky but is very straight forward when using a USB.

• Updates work perfectly fine for thousands of users.

Reading back, the issue does appear to be PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair). That's not being snarky - just a reality. We've all done something similar.

If you were putting the kaos.bin file in the backups folder, it was never, ever going to work. The Profiler doesn't look for it there. Like placing a physical file for taxes in the folder marked Payroll. Good luck finding it.

(This example is fictitious. Any relation to my own experience is coincidental. And, no. You may not speak to my wife about it.)

The kaos.bin file has to go in the OS Updates folder or root directory of the USB stick.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche