LCD flashes red when turned off

• I Hade the same problem, happen now and then.

LTD WA-600
    Cort Bass
    Kemper
    Roland Quad Capture
    M-Audio BX5a

• I got the same problem a few times now since I made the upgrade to 1.54. At least, I'm not the only one :)
    Maybe I will go back to 1.52 with a backup. I wish they will fix it with the next update.
    It's strange because I found a thread with people complaining for the same issue in earlier version.
    Maybe, this is the price to pay for having so much flexibility...

• same here , now and than ( 1.5.4 ) ... :cursing: :thumbdown:

maybe toaster want to tell me something ???

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Add another to the list.
    Mine did it for the third time.
    This time I noticed it in the morning after turning off at night....must have been flashing all night....that bothers me a bit.

Currently using 1.5.4

• it seems 1.5.4 likes on/off via tuner ....
    since I applied it , no more red flashes ... ?(

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• After having the flashing red screen on nearly every shut down and multiple hang ups on start forcing USB boots over the course of a about a week, I reverted to 1.52 and haven't had a problem yet.

• What is 'on/off via tuner'? ;)

on/off via tuner is the way to get the red flashing to stop. the flashing starts when you turn it off. so in order to have it stop either you cut off power unplugging the power cord or you put the switch back to either tuner or browser. i always put it to browser when that happened. the kemper booted back up and when shutting it off no more red flashes. I have being using the kemper for various studio works and last friday I had a superb gig in a small club. I was going to my mesa 290 power amp and the sound was incredible.

i never stopped to trust my kemper for live use and I'm more convinced than ever to use it live. I have been touring since months with it with no issues whatsoever. The forst gigs I had my guitar chief tech to bring his kemper as a spare, just in case. I asked him no more now...............

hope all of the kempers to get to use it as I do...............

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• The on/off thing seems to do the trick my end. Cant help but feel that as it doesnt solve the problem, what potential harm the red screen might mean. I dont want to have the xbox red ring of death arrive again!

• I always turn my KPA off with the switch (via tuner)...so that can't be the problem.

it seems 1.5.4 likes on/off via tuner ....
    since I applied it , no more red flashes ... ?(

Add another to the list.
    Mine did it for the third time.
    This time I noticed it in the morning after turning off at night....must have been flashing all night....that bothers me a bit.

Currently using 1.5.4

• what do you mean. Gizmo, by turning the kemper off via tuner? if your switch it to tuner it won't turn off but stays on...........in tuner mode............

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Simple really...as you turn off the KPA, the rotary switch has to go through the tuner position.
    It was someone else that said this earlier as a way of explaining that you don't just pull the plug or power down the unit from a switched power socket...I just repeated it.

I guess it could be confusing.

what do you mean. Gizmo, by turning the kemper off via tuner? if your switch it to tuner it won't turn off but stays on...........in tuner mode............

• lol i was just going to open a post about this problem

so it's not gonna blow and just wait for an update?

• lol i was just going to open a post about this problem

so it's not gonna blow and just wait for an update?

Just switch it back on, let it reboot, then switch it off again.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Uppgraded to the Firmware 1.5.4, still red LCD on random shutdown.

LTD WA-600
    Cort Bass
    Kemper
    Roland Quad Capture
    M-Audio BX5a