Recklinghausen/ Germany – March 21st, 2013 (ictw) - KEMPER™ and Keith Merrow announce the immediate availability of the Keith Merrow Signature Rig Pack for the KEMPER PROFILER™. Keith is a studio musician, guitar player, songwriter, producer, engineer, gear demonstrator, teacher, tech consultant for Seymour Duncan guitar pickups, and above all else: a tone enthusiast! He loves high gain amps and bone-crushing Metal tones. The PROFILE™s he has created for this Rig pack are engineered in his studio, and are exact copies of tones that he uses on a regular basis for recordings, reamping, YouTube videos, and more.
Additionally Keith has visited his good friend Jeff Loomis and used the opportunity to also profile Jeff’s amp setup. This consisted of Jeff's 5150III amp using the Torpedo speaker simulator. There were no mic or cabs involved in that PROFILE. They were was originally going to setup up mics and a cab, but didn't have much time. Keith says that PROFILING™ with the Torpedo is so quick and easy (and sounds great!). They used believe we used the Engl 4x12/SM57 cab/ mic simulation.
- Rhodes Colossus H-100 head
- Laney Ironheart IRT120 head
- Peavey 5150 (Signature) head, tube modded
- Bugera 6260 Infinium head
- SansAmp Bass Driver DI
- Laney IRT 2x12 cab with HH Custom speakers
- Nomades Custom 2x12 with Eminence “The Governor” speakers
- Modded Randall ISO with 1x12 Vintage 30, upgraded baffling (Aurelex).
- …all cabs mic’d with the trusty Shure SM-57
*A ProTone Deadhorse Overdrive pedal was used for a few of the profiles.
The current PROFILER OS version 1.6 supports all PROFILER models Head, PowerHead™, Rack, and PowerRack™. OS 1.6 as well as Rig Pack 04 are free downloads from the KEMPER website.