Rig Manager 1.0 public beta

• Great beta so far, loving it! :)

While testing some new rigs I thought to myself: Wouldn't it be nice to trigger a DI file in the Rig Manager to hear the actual preset via the KPA? :)

My KPA is connected via SPDIF to my PC so if the computer plays a sound file I can hear it being amplified by the Kemper. Instead of playing guitar I would use the Rig Manager to do the job for me. Yeah, I know that I'm lazy but when organising rigs I sometimes don't want/have/need my guitar around :)

This would require one of two things:

a) The Kemper's USB connection working as an audio interface, which we've been told isn't going to happen.
    b) The Rig Manager using your audio interface itself. Interfaces will typically only let one program use them at a time, so you wouldn't be able to use your DAW at the same time.

I'm thinking your current method (DAW open, playing a loop, use the Rig Manager to audition) is the best bet.

• Holy :thumbup: shhhhhhhuuutttt :D the :P muther :thumbup: truckin front :love: door!!! 8o I am once again reveling in amazement of the creative solution your team has provided me. I am sooo very glad I was smart enough to put MY tube 8) bias aside and jump on this band :whistling: wagon. When 1st began to hear about the Kemper and and got blown away the first time and now this little tool added to the arsenal has made me once again proud to be along for the whirlwind again!!

By the way gentlemen...I decided to run a test beside the Win7, Win 8 and IMAC and so on a secondary machine I had lying around :rolleyes: It is running this seamlessly with WINDOWS VISTA 32 :thumbup:

• I have a couple of silly questions. I have read the manual and it states you can alter the tags. However when I select a rig and go over to the inspector window, it wont let me type anything in. Can we not rename the rigs there? Also, when I select a rig how do I delete the rig? I right click and the option to delete is grayed out.

Edit: I figured it out. I wasnt in the Profiler location :thumbup:

• So, do the privileged few who sync'd to the RE have to exit their Rig Manager before others can get to the RE server?

I mean does the link to the server stay connected? Or is it shut down after a sync?

And, do we have to start up our Rig Manager apps to attempt a sync, or does this happen at time intervals?

• I'm confused, again. ?(

I'm using XP, I've downloaded the file 10 times and it's corrupt, doesn't work...so RM doesn't work with XP?

Seems so. I got the message during installation that Win vista and above required.

• So, do the privileged few who sync'd to the RE have to exit their Rig Manager before others can get to the RE server?

No, the sync takes place after starting Rig Manager.

I mean does the link to the server stay connected? Or is it shut down after a sync?

No, after the sync, it is not downloading anything.

And, do we have to start up our Rig Manager apps to attempt a sync, or does this happen at time intervals?

Only on startup.

• This piece of software is without doubt a very very good tool to complement the KPA! Thanks!

Is there a way in which we can see whether our Rig Manager has a working connection to the Rig Exchange server? I have been trying last night - to no avail - this morning again - nothing happens. I guess, it's because the server is still dealing with too many connections - but how do I know?

• Man, this thread grew fast.
    Just wanted to thank the Kemper team for a job well done - i still haven't dug into it, but the effective shortcuts, the inclusion of the second USB port, the preview mode (!!!)...
    All in all, awesome job and exactly what the profiler was lacking. :thumbup:

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Is there a way in which we can see whether our Rig Manager has a working connection to the Rig Exchange server? I have been trying last night - to no avail - this morning again - nothing happens. I guess, it's because the server is still dealing with too many connections - but how do I know?

If you select "Rig Exchange" you'll see a status bar at the bottom of the Rig list.

• If you select "Rig Exchange" you'll see a status bar at the bottom of the Rig list.

Nope.
    No status bar, nothing.
    'test connection' in options says 'OK'.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• You can of course tweak them on the KPA (which is, as we all know, super intuitive and simple). I remember from last night that if you want to store the tweaked version, you don't get the option to replace the rig, only to save as - which makes sense when you're running rig exchange.

just a quick question as I'm on a mac. When you audition rigs can you also already tweak them?

• I'm using XP, I've downloaded the file 10 times and it's corrupt, doesn't work...so RM doesn't work with XP?

the files are fine, maybe they get corrupted somewhere but that is beyond our reach.
    rig manager does not work with windows XP and, as it turns out, we will not be able to change that in the future.
    thanks for your understanding, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here