Remote details and price announced!

• Really, what I don't get in this whole discussion about price and such is that a shitty little tool that I can't think of as more than a toy is causing all this fuss.
    I mean - what does a looper pedal cost? Basic ones with about 5 minutes of recording time you can get for less than 100 €. A pedal such as Digitech Jam Man (which has a lot more to offer than the Kemper's 30 seconds or recording time and which can store up to 99 different loops etc. etc.) is about 170 €. So if you really want to have this silly looper thing, and you already have a controller that you're happy with, buy the Digitech and save the rest for a nice evening out.
    To me though the value of the Kemper remote is integration, easy to handle, easy to backup, easy to control, one cable, .... built quality, no new FW can mess up what you have programmed ... and for real professionals the possibility to run two remotes at the same time in "sync" with each other. I don't get it.

Ive got the JamMan stereo which wasnt really cheap but I have to change the levels on my mixer and my pedal from when I record to when I play back. I dont even use the damn thing because of it. Too much of a pain. If I hook it directly in line it will change my recording to the rig I am playing at any given time. Other connections then it destroys the quality of the Kempers sound. I can get it to sound good but every time I record I have to go hands on with in and out levels and that is no good. I have tried a handfull of hookups but none I was happy with. Shame because I really like the pedal, it does a lot.I was using it when I use to be an amper. Hey I coined a new phrase, amper. You know, them guys that lug around them big heavy things. :)

• So nice to see "moot" used, and not "mute" ...

Yeah, but you realize it's being used incorrectly as it most often is? It in fact means the OPPOSITE of how it's used 99% of the time -

MOOT - subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.

:P

• Yeah, but you realize it's being used incorrectly as it most often is? It in fact means the OPPOSITE of how it's used 99% of the time -

MOOT - subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.

:P

Moot:

adjective

1. open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.

2. of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.

3. Chiefly Law. not actual; theoretical; hypothetical.

• FYI - I was on the Early Bird list and this morning I got my Kemper invite to buy the Remote. Everything worked until I went to check out and the site gacked on both PayPal and my credit card. The only payment method that worked was the pre pay option, so I used that to get my order in motion. Kemper is saying they'll be shipping the Remotes in March.

• Meh, I don't wanna be a bastard here, but truth be told, I really can't buy this fable that the looper only works with the remote for "optimal integration".
    In fact, even the rig switching delay kind of looks suspect to me now.
    The thing is: MIDI messages are simply a few bytes (2 or 3), and sending 16 to 24 bit is really nothing. To switch a rig, play/stop a looper you need only one message and that's gonna be far, far faster than any of us can perceive. MIDI message cannot possibly have an impact on the rig switching delay nor on the looper's commands response. So, if all of a sudden the Kemper Remote can switch rigs faster than other controllers can...well, I tend to think that is a sale strategy. And so it is the exclusive control of the looper with the Remote, cause you might wanna have a load of fancy interactions Remote/looper, but I can't possibly believe that you can't provide control of basic play/stop/record functions via MIDI.
    My 2 - a bit sour - cents.

• I must say, I also have concerns about the engineering of the foot controller based on the kemper. I can look past the engineering issues with the kemper to an extent due to the amazing sound, however, with a foot controller the engineering is what you are paying for, not the sound. I agree The kemper has plastic knobs that feel cheap for a unit of this price, some where you can see where the moulded knobs have been snapped off a larger piece of plastic. THey do not seem sturdy and there is excess play. The LED light hoods also suffer from inconsistent finishing with bits of excess plastic or imperfections on some where presumably the moulding process has not come out quite right. Some of the push switches are also looser than others. I returned one unit and got another which was a littler better. The main switch dial also feels quite weak. Like i say, I can forgive these to an extent but the foot controller will have to be flawless considering the price.

It should be considered, that by the buy of the KPR not only the done investigations have to be paid, but also the coming Software-modifications, which of course now become more complex and need more effort. And this support (of the KPA) was free of charge (until now and hopefully further on). And who knows future functionalities on the long run (looper duration, functions, wireless connectivity, and many more ideas).

• So, if all of a sudden the Kemper Remote can switch rigs faster than other controllers can...well, I tend to think that is a sale strategy.

i've already stated elsewhere that faster switching is not exclusive to Profiler Remote. Don't know where this is coming from.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• i've already stated elsewhere that faster switching is not exclusive to Profiler Remote. Don't know where this is coming from.

I can tell you where it's coming from ;)

Direct Response Preset Switching
    With the Profiler Remote Kemper have significantly accelerated the Rig switching time. What's even better: they managed to avoid the usual silent gap that happens when switching to the next sound and turn it into a smooth crossfade. In conjunction with the implicit spillover of delay and reverb the Profiler provides the smoothest sound switch transitions in the industry.

Source:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/pag…ang/en/p/201/do/News.html

This paragraph easily gives the impression that this feature is related to the Remote only. ;)

• I've placed my order for the remote from my home in the UK through the international store (English) using PayPal.
    The price was 507 Euro including 8 Euro delivery which translated to £408.70 (GB Pounds).
    Using PayPal means that Kemper Gmbh have actually got my money now, but at least I know the exact cost without gambling for or against future exchange rates if payment was deferred
    With a delivery quoted on their website of 70 days I reckon that will be 26 March 2015.
    The delivery address was in the wrong format so I messed about with the input to get things in order for the DHL delivery man.
    I will keep an eye on my account, because if Kemper correct their format problem then my input will produce garbage!

I hope delivery can be improved on by the fact that I am a registered early bird, but nothing on the website asked for confirmation of this or directed me to a special page.
    Can Kemper please enlighten me (and other forum members) on the early bird process and possible correction of the muddled address format by responding on this thread?

I will now sell my HD500 and hope to raise maybe £200?
    I will also sell my FCB1010 (EurekaPROM2) maybe raise £70?

Not sure my busking will raise the £138 shortfall.
    Possibly have to sell my body ;) !
    Paul

• The Early Bird process is explained in the e-mail that was sent to all Early Bird members: you simply use the standard ordering method like you did, making sure you use the same e-mail address as for your Early Bird registration. They will cross-check all orders with the list.

As for the "wrong/muddled" address format, see this post. :)

• Hi Robrecht
    Thanks for clarifying.
    You are right. I think here in UK the delivery service will find me provided they have the post code, somewhere on the label!
    I would still like to get some idea though, of whether early birds can expect a faster delivery than 70 days.
    Thanks,
    Paul

• I closed the eyes :sleeping: ... forgetting the price ... ;) push the Paypal button and ... done! 8o

So, now, let's hope ... and in the meanwhile my wife will never have to know or Kemper Team have to find a place for me there to stay!!!!!!

Early Bird ... became ... Shot Bird, you know what I mean!
    Ah, now I understood the 70 waiting days... are for us ... to find reasonable excuses/reasons before the machine enters the house ...

• Meh, I don't wanna be a bastard here, but truth be told, I really can't buy this fable that the looper only works with the remote for "optimal integration".In fact, even the rig switching delay kind of looks suspect to me now.

Kemper stated that faster rig switching will be also for midi switching few days ago, but until then I also had impression that it will be exclusive to remote.

As for the looper, I think they should reconsider the exclusivity to remote. KPA has display, MIDI controller has buttons - I really don't see why non-remote users should not be able to use (at least basic) looper functions. I was hoping for integrated looper because KPA has the capability and "only" sw is needed. Knowing about Kemper model of free upgrades to KPA (as they do for Virus) I simply expected it to be for all KPA users not only those who will buy remote.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about not getting looper. I can get quality looper for 80€ and be happy. But I am confused and sad knowing that the looper (or maybe any other new functionality) will be in my KPA (sw upgrade) and I will not be allowed to use it until I buy remote ( or other equipment), which I really don't need at that moment. Besides great sound, model of free upgrades was one of the biggest buying arguments for me. Maybe that's the reason I feel so upset about this.

There is also thread about looper for all: http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…ure-for-non-Remote-users/?