[BM Profiles] Bert's Mace-DR rigpack, available now!!!

• That Basman sound is AS GOOD as the MBritt profiles i have (thank you very much)
    Just saying. :P:rolleyes:;) . Both are GREAT quality.

Going to try the Bassman stuff on the 9 string, Yep , Tosin Abasi uses a BASSMAN in his Axe FX for his sounds.
    Dam that was good Country Pat or should i say Mr Albert Lee :D
    Kudos to you and Bert man.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hi guys,

I made a little demo of the Bassman profile from pack#2.
    One of my favorites

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I often dread somebody posting a demo of themselves with a profile - usually sounding like he's drilling a hole in a wall but this is great, love it.
    Great sound, great playing.

• I just stumbled on some of Berts profiles after doing an update...Nice stuff. I'm trying to figure out some of your codes...

Bert answered this a couple o' pages back, old crow:

...the explanation of all the letters is quite simple. BM2 stands for my second rig pack. GA40 is an amp model.
    About A1B etc..I take a lot of profiles from each amp but only the ones of which I think they are the best are in the pack.
    So it's my way of describing and organizing the profiles that has been used (and which ones are not).

• thanks, both of you...I found the key last nite after I finished drooling over these profiles.
    I see most of them were recorded in a coffin loaded w Celestion. that should enable me to
    get good live sounds thru my open back 1 X 12" Celestion cab.
    What year is your GA 40 ? I love old gibbies.

• thanks, both of you...I found the key last nite after I finished drooling over these profiles.
    I see most of them were recorded in a coffin loaded w Celestion. that should enable me to
    get good live sounds thru my open back 1 X 12" Celestion cab.
    What year is your GA 40 ? I love old gibbies.

Haha !! Yeah you're definitely gonna get a good live sound with your celestion cab !!
    I don't know the exact building year of the GA 40, it's definitely fifties though. It has its original speaker. I love the amp with a HB loaded guitar :thumbup:

• That RigShow #8 by Ruben Roeh :thumbup:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wish everyone would take the time to learn how to say your name, Bert. I mean, it's the least we can do out of respect and gratitude, no? I put in the time, now I'm a freakin' expert; I can say your name in my sleep, and often do... only kidding! LOL

Thanks for sharing that, mate. "Studio & session-ready", according to Ruben. I concur!

• That RigShow #8 by Ruben Roeh :thumbup:

Hi Bert,
    you know I like your profiles very much but I didn't understand how Ruben gets this sound right out the box.
    F.e.: I loaded the BM Solduro dist 2. In Rubens vid the the sound is awesome. Out of my system I cant reach this sound when i only load the profile. I onla came near to this sound when i change the cab from your bod to another cab (f.e. a mesa boogie cab 2x12).
    I didnt use an eq and my mixer is linear. I go from the main outs , master stereo, right to my mixer and from my mixer out to my rookit rp6 monitors, The original sound has not this punch, its a sound with much mids. When i change the cab, the sound clears up and i have that punch. So i suggest that Ruben didnt use only the original profile, for me he must do something different, may he goes with the main outs into his soundcard and for recording this vid he uses something special, like an eq.
    It would be very helpful when a vid didnt only have sound examples and when it starts with an explanation of the system what is used to record such vid.
    Here are two examples what i mean
    The first part of tune is : Loaded the soldano profile, no tricks, no extra eq. Recorded right out of the box. Cab is your original bod. Settings all original.
    The second part after a samml break in the tune is:Changed the cab to a mesa cab, little tweaks on main eq of the kpa.

External Content soundcloud.com

Both sounds are far away from Rubens soldano sound example, so i think there must be something wrong with my settings or Ruben recorded with something special.
    After a vid like Rubens i expect that i load the rig like Ruben has done and i get nearly the same sound. But it isnt. The first part of the tune has to be nearly similar to Rubens sound, profile loeded, cubase on, record and ready. Again, there are no tweaks,
    I recorded the examples with my american standard strat, Michael Landau PU's, bridge position. I also tried different guitars, with no guitars i reached nearly the sound right out of the which Ruben shows.
    My input settings are not tweaked, so clean sense and distortion sense is 0,0dB
    My output settings are Master stereo, no main output eq,no pure cabinet.
    Mixerposition eq linear, monitors linear.

There must be something different. I would be very happy when we can find out what the difference is and how i can reach the same sound right out of the box which is presented in the vid.

Cheers
    Frank

• In Reuben's vid I can definitely hear the Tele's bridge pickup "chimey" characteristics, brought out even more by him strumming fuller chords than in the first example on your Soundcloud link, Frank. It isn't something you can replicate in my experience, you have to have a telecaster style guitar with a bridge pickup mounted on a plate. To me, that's the difference I hear.

• In Reuben's vid I can definitely hear the Tele's bridge pickup "chimey" characteristics, brought out even more by him strumming fuller chords than in the first example on your Soundcloud link, Frank. It isn't something you can replicate in my experience, you have to have a telecaster style guitar with a bridge pickup mounted on a plate. To me, that's the difference I hear.

Hi Sam, many thx for your response. Its clear, the tele is different from the strat or my other guitars, but whst i mean is, i can load all the presented profiles and are far away from Rubens recording. Rubens are much clearer and they fot more punch than mine and you know i have excellent different gits like les pauls, the petruccis, the jem and the strat. For me there must be something very different in Rubens and my settings. I think he uses an eq in the daw or a different cab. Berts profiles are mostly ( more or less) too midrange ( diffucult to discribe) for me. They sound a little if there is a woolplate over my speakers. When i change the cab imho its much better. I love the amps but if Rubens sound the sound right out of the box i am unhappy because i cant get this brilliant result. I am very interrested in the complete signal chain to compare if i setted something wrong or very different. As i have written in my first example there is no tweak in the complete signal chain or in the system menue. Hope i can find out or find some help here.
    Cheers
    Frank and thx for chiming in

• Hi Frank,

Let me first say that I don't know what Ruben is using to record his Rigshow...I don't know if he uses a pre-amp, I don't know what pick he uses (can make a huge difference..) so actually I know nothing about his way of recording.

What you say worries me a bit so I decided to do a test.
    I took the part from Rubens video, the part he starts with. I downloaded it and put it in my session. I took the same profile he is using so that is BM C-A-E 3+ Ch3 Dist lk from the Kemper rig pack

What you hear first is Ruben playing the part. After that I'm playing it with 4 different telecasters I that I owe.
    1. Ruben (from the vid)
    2 .custom shop tele
    3. tele '67
    4. tele '56
    5. Hansen telecaster

It's going straight out of the KPA into my Antelope Zen interface to pro-tools. Even the 5 tele's sounds a bit different to eachother and we are not even talking about the sound of the "fingers" and the way of hitting the strings.
    But I don't experience the sound as you discribe being without punch etc...

• Hi Berts, many thx for your test, awesome all your teles sound in that way.
    I will do the same test with differnt gits. Its a very good idea to record rubens tune first and than the other gits.

I will try it the same way and we' ll see what happens.

Cheers
    Frank

• Done it.
    I just started cubase and recorded Rubens part. After that i put my gits in a row. Touched no knob between the recording.All gits bridge pu.
    Fitst bis Ruben than
    the american standard Landau pu
    than Joe Perry Gibson with a 57' pu
    than Les Paul Studio with dimarzio super distortion
    than Ibanez Jem 77 dimarzion evolution pu
    than Music man the majesty with dimarzio illuminator pu

What do you think?

• hi
    my opinion, your sound have a more mid boost sound, sounds like 1-1,5 kHz is boosted
    or
    the original from ruben has a cut in that area, try to lower this range with an eq and then your pretty close, i think
    but it would be interesting why your sounds have more in this frequency range, cause you wrote all is flat
    in your system.

• Hey Frank, there is a strange thing going on...Your Ruben sounds totally different than mine and different from the original video...

• Yea, thats the question. I cant find out whats the difference....

• @Eltzejupp compared to a telecaster, your guitars sound the way I would expect them to sound.

The sound of the type of guitar, and the differences in individual guitars can be heard in KPA rigs. Each of Breu's examples sounded like a different guitar, but they all sounded like telecasters.

Your mahogany body and humbucker guitars (and especially one with a super distortion) will sound darker and have more gain.

Your Strat might sound more like the video if the pickup was a little farther away from the strings, and if you play it with an aggressive right hand technique, like used in the video. But, it will still sound like a strat, not a tele.

• Hey Frank, there is a strange thing going on...Your Ruben sounds totally different than mine and different from the original video...

Yes, i' ve heard it too. On my record i think my gits are soundig better than the vid tune that i have recorded.
    I have to dive in cubase....
    But you hear my gits in a row. What do you think about the sounds? It just the profile direct to cubase.