Show your latest guitar

• That, sir, is absolutely stunning!

How close does it get to the sound, tightness, sustain etc, of a real Les Paul?

• That, sir, is absolutely stunning!
    How close does it get to the sound, tightness, sustain etc, of a real Les Paul?

Among my many guitars I own a Les Paul Studio and a 1994 Korean Epiphone and I personally think this is the best guitar I have ever owned. Definitely the best Les Paul. I got a non-chambered one so it is nice and heavy like the old Les Pauls. Everything about this has been perfectly crafted by Warmoth. 0 complaints and I'd use them again.

• i want a new guitar already

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OLD POST:

This is the first factory new guitar I've ever bought. Previously I've been mostly into DIY partscasters and sometimes some used guitars.

Oh well, here it is then... Myself and bandmate Emil Westin ordered one for each of us 8o
    The one to the right on the picture is mine! Or... was it the one to the left?! This gonna be interesting on tour... hahaha :S I can actually identify mine with a couple of special figures in the maple fretboard.

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34482506_1790339684388163_1476981047697604608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=667c4cc85dce615d7c269fbe61b0cdd9&oe=5B822520]

FIRST IMPRESSION:

The factory original NYXL strings had oxidized/rusted a bit during delivery so I didn't even try them. But I would have changed strings anyway, so wasn't a big deal.

Fretjob is excellent! No sharp ends anywhere and I could lower the action at nut and bridge to a satisfying height without any bend chokes or excessive buzz anywhere.

Neck is straight as an arrow, absolutely amazing!! It must be very stable if it can go all the way from Indo to Sweden and remain like this.

The neck thickness reminds of my Warmoth Standard Thins but I'm no expert, I have no good way to measure and I dont really care. But I like it!

Also the fretboard seems to be fairly wide and thanks to that, there's a lot of room on the frets so that I wont pull the string off the fretboard like some Warmoth necks that had too much bevel!

The finish had a couple of visible dust particles but really, who cares? I just point it because it was there. I would have been more concerned if the finish was "orange peeley" like one of my Warmoth bodies was. And even then, I didn't care.
    But overall it's super smooth and the back of the neck feels good. For now. As I know satin finishes often glosses up with heavy use but that is not a problem for me!

The weight is good too, just over 3.4kg which is good! I like light guitars. The Evertune sure puts on quite a bit of weight tho!

The pickups is pretty good and tight! But I haven't yet really gotten down to comparing them to my "go-to" Steam Hammers.

I don't mind the odd strap location, the balance is good on this guitar.

Conclusion:

I LIKE IT! Definitely a good buy.
    It's just as fun to play as any of my other ones and that's even without any fancy pancy PLEK treatment or stuff.
    Of course, being regular nickle frets, I might get this refretted with stainless steel frets in the future.
    So I'll rock the hell out of it so I can come to that point faster :evil:

I may throw Planet Waves Autotrim tuners on there, not because the stock Grovers are bad (they are great) but I simply like the PW locking tuners with autocut... saves a good amount of time.
    I might put on regular strap buttons too so I can fit my Dunlop straplocks because I think these are a bit too big.

UPDATE:

Forgot to mention the Evertune. Since I'm not new to the Evertune (having another ET guitar, and also had a couple others in the past) I simply didn't even think about it. But yeah, it's an Evertune, and it works like it should. Sustain is good for Evertune standards.
    There's not a lot of spring noise either, so thats nice. I have had other Evertune guitars with way more prominent spring noise.

Some riffing!!!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some soloing!

UPDATE!

The Duncan Solar pickups RULES! I've been a fanboy of Irongear Steam Hammers for a good while, but the Duncan Solars actually beat them in the tightness department. That is impressive, since the Steam Hammers was the tightest pickups I ever come across earlier...

• Haha, me too, gassin' again!

This thread is so "inspiring" - it should have warning labels put on every post.

And now I have "something" coming in a big carton very soon myself :saint: ... if my wife finds out before I have the perfect explanation, I will blame all you guys here for instigation and complicity ^^

• So I unpacked mine....

SOLAR A 1.6 ET WHM

It looks gorgeous, classy, sleek. It's all matte white, maple fretboard with a "solar" logo on 12th fret.

[Blocked Image: https://s33.postimg.cc/u8u5lmb8f/solar_1_6_aet_001.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://s33.postimg.cc/6hus3iir3/solar_1_6_aet_002.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://s33.postimg.cc/uycxxzyxb/solar_1_6_aet_003.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://s33.postimg.cc/4q1t8mmjj/solar_1_6_aet_004.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://s33.postimg.cc/9bxxgzni7/solar_1_6_aet_005.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://s33.postimg.cc/52t7etcj3/solar_1_6_aet_006.jpg]

1) It came tuned and it will be tuned forever :)
    2) No bending - I mean you can bend a string heavily, but the pitch won't change :D
    3) No markers on fretboard and small /light dots on fretboard edge made me wonder... which fret should I go to while playing Paul Gilbert's - "I cannot tell a lie" :wacko:
    4) Quite heavy - heavier than my Ibanez PGM301, but not a tank like Gibsons.
    4) 5-way switch.1-3-5 positions are BRIDGE - BRIDGE/NECK - NECK humbuckers. 2-4 positions are somewhat "siglecoilish" setttings. Haven't time to try them yet.

I will test it more and compare to my Ibanez PGM301 later ;)

• who's building olas guitars for him then?

• NICE!!! 8o Solar buddies! Hhahah

Regarding "no bending"... I see no point in actually setting up the guitar like that... ?(
    I always try to make my Evertunes as close to a regular guitar as physically possible. I even have some "special ways" to make it that way.
    I'll make a video about it soon

But yeah, nice one!!! Of course. 8)

I was lucky with the weight of mine, not heavy at all. Not light either, but it's all because of the weight of Evertune.
    Otherwise its kind of like my other guitars. Lighter than my other Evertune guitar!

• I didn't touch anything since it came - is there any setting, that allows bending? Anyway staying in tune all the time compensates lack of the bending for me.

• Yes, the neck is really awesome ! Fan of tones and sounds is really wide and modular / versatile / polyvalent. (don't know exactly words in english)