FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Hi Everyone,
    Still on 4.0 rather than the latest update.
    I've noticed that morphing values do not work in the Graphic EQ. The numerical values change but the graphic bars remain static and there is no change in tone. I even tried setting up two Graphic EQ's and fading up one mix parameter and down on the other. No go, didn't work.
    When arranging performances in (most recent) RM it was the same story with names not being copied and at times whole performances seemed to get shunted down the list. Fortunately disappeared but it took a long time and I triple checked everything as a result.
    I saved every performance as I went through because initially the rigs weren't copying properly. However, eventuallyall rigs got there including those with morphing. So that's good.
    I've also noticed that when booting up into performance mode the profiler can get stuck in tuner mode. A restart sorted that out.
    Finally I got a cannot contact
    DSP message in one rig. Again went away after a re start.
    Cheers for now.
    Pre-Amp

• The only thing I noticed that bugged me was that the switch in my Mission EP-1 KP seemed to lack the usual snappy responsiveness.

I tried a "hotone soul express" which I had in my old pedal set. It's a active Volume, Expression and Wah Pedal with a Mode switch and a push button at the end of the pedal way ,.
    Volume and Wah works only with power supply. The expression mode works without powersupply.

Worked fine as expression pedal till a hit at the push button. The Kemper lost range setting and needed new calibration.
    Would be nice it because of smallness but is not useable with the Kemper. :/

• Issue yesterday at a jam session. Setted wah to vol.
    After swtiching between some rigs in performenece mode the volume expression pedal gets a signal but no output from the kpa . Tuner function shows that there is a signal. After switching off and on again the output was was ok.

cheers
    Frank

• Did a session yesterday evening and used the morphy. Works fine and it sounds really good when you go from a near clean/ chrunch to a smooth high gain with delay. So i am happy with the sound and the feature is a nice gimmick.
    So i understand that morphing between two rigs is impossible and i don't care for it any longer.
    Cheers
    Frank

• After swtiching between some rigs in performenece mode the volume expression pedal gets a signal but no output from the kpa . Tuner function shows that there is a signal. After switching off and on again the output was was ok.

Not exactly reassuring :whistling:
    Did you informed the support?

• Issue with the 4.0.0 update: System Settings>Page 11/18>Pedal assignment not retained upon restart. Running an FC-300 (2 expression pedals). Current settings; MorphPedal>Wah and MorphPedal>Pitch. Upon restarting the KPA, the pedal assignment boxes are unchecked. Prior to the update the settings page retained all of my previous settings. Any input/ideas?

I've already reported this to Burkhard and he acknowledges this issue. They are already working on it.

Gary ô¿ô

• Am I missing something or do we NOT have a reverse delay? I looked thru the Legacy Delay and couldn't find any parameter to do it.

Up to now, with the old delays ( now consolidated into the legacy delay) there's no reverse delay.
    Supposedly this should come alongside the new delays in FW 5.

• Am I missing something or do we NOT have a reverse delay? I looked thru the Legacy Delay and couldn't find any parameter to do it.

from the whats new in 4.0 addendum in the downloads area
    Legacy Delay: Recently, we have been working intensively on some brand new delay algorithms, and a number of new delay types will be released in an upcoming software revision 5.0. With this in mind, we have decided to rebuild the existing delay types, meaning they are now based on the new delay algorithms. Consequently, "Tap Delay", "Free Delay" and "Analog Delay" are now consolidated into a single Delay Type named "Legacy Delay". Legacy Delay is now a regular effect type that you can place in any of the Stomp or Effect Modules, except for the Reverb Module. Even multiple Delays can coexist within the same Rig! On the other hand, the Delay Module now has the flexibility to be What’s new in version 4.0? 6 used for all other effects as well. This offers seven freely assignable Effect Modules in the signal chain. Now you can place a delay in the Stomp Section, while running a Phaser in the Delay Module, if you like.  The available Delay Time has been expanded to 2000 ms.  The “Ratio” parameter has been changed from a coarse selection to a continuous parameter ranging from 0-100%.  The Volume parameter of the previous delays has not migrated to the Legacy Delay, because it was of little consequence. If you feel that the delay level needs tweaking, simply use the Delay Mix control.  Instead of varying types to determine whether Delay Time is linked to Tap Tempo or to a preselected “Time” and “Ratio”, a new parameter has been added: