what firmware are new KPS arriving with?

• The fact that everyone who buys a Kemper has to update the FW anyway in almost 100% of cases in order to be fully-current makes this concern of yours ill-directed, a waste of time and irrelevant, Sonic, IMHO.

You might have what you believe to be solid reasons for thinking otherwise, but, again, IMHO, nothing you've said has given me reason for concern. Mate, the hardware's the same - that's the important thing.

I won't speak for MM because i know he ain't no hack

... and there I was respecting your judgement, Dean. Be gone with that! No more! :D

• The fact that everyone who buys a Kemper has to update the FW anyway in almost 100% of cases in order to be fully-current makes this concern of yours ill-directed, a waste of time and irrelevant, Sonic, IMHO.

You might have what you believe to be solid reasons for thinking otherwise, but, again, IMHO, nothing you've said has given me reason for concern. Mate, the hardware's the same - that's the important thing

Sorry, we disagree. The day after the Titanic sank it was the same hardware but that didn't stop it from sitting on the ocean floor did it? And yes, I have reasons for concern.

Prior history and pathways in production can matter. No explanation has been provided and everything that I've ran across with other's KPA's so far does not comport with my unit, not the least of which is common sense.

If the device craps out is somebody else going to pay shipping from US to Europe? Or lost studio time? Or fours years later out of warranty a whole new device? I don't think so.

All I'm seeking is an explanation for why things are so out of version alignment.

• And yes, I have reasons for concern.

I respect that, Sonic. I'm not going to judge you without knowing what it is you're thinking, mate.

All I was saying was that based only on what I know, worrying seems ridiculous. Of course, I don't know all the facts. ;)

• All I'm seeking is an explanation for why things are so out of version alignment

Explanation seems to be quite simple:
    Cause you haven't yet updated your Profiler.

If the device craps out is somebody else going to pay shipping from US to Europe?

No need to send back to Europe, there's a service center in the US.

There's always people who find a problem for every solution ... and you seem to be one of them.

• The KPA's aren't $99 stomp boxes, they are $2000 computing devices that are neither disposable nor self-serviceable. If a consumer buys a new 2017 item and it arrives with 2016 firmware dating back many months prior to the alleged production date then they have a right to seek an explanation. And they should be provided one. Any position to the contrary is just plain nonsense.

Well, some big retailers may order large batch of Profilers, just to have them in stock - that's why in first place.

• When the Kemper first arrived, I got bogged down with too many details and worries about purity of profiling. I forgot to treat it like any other amp and focus on whether it sounds good.

It sounds like you are making yourself miserable with all these issues and not enjoying playing guitar anymore. Maybe it would be better to either just go with the Kemper or return it. Every amp setup I ever had took time to feel to settle with.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Pay closer attention to the plain English above. I've highlighted the key phrase you overlooked. This has nothing to do with the retailer.

Well I might have overlooked something, but you certainly aren't playing kind here.
    If you're seeking for help in that matter, contact company in official way.

• here's some inside for you: we release public beta versions, release versions and then later, internal production versions. those are the same like the versions we put on our website but also include content and other things we install on the unit before it ships. once we have physically produced a unit, we install, test and package it. as a result, it can well be that you buy a Profiler in the store and a "prior" operating system is pre-installed. and since we update our software fairly frequently to introduce new features among other things, chances are good that the first thing you _want_ to do is to update.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• @'Sonic
    see, this happens when you register and ask support,
    the whole thread is nonsense, because when you ask
    support you will get 1 answer, which will answer your question
    G String needs 3 sentences and all is clear, cause he is from
    the Guys you should ask, Kemper Support

Clear answer, no more speculations, bam

so please stop this useless threads

• I'm guessing these units aren't built to order either, and may "sit on a shelf" for a week or three?

units can sit on a shelf for a little while, for instance when they're a part of a huge overseas shipment. i hope we can settle this now, there is more interesting stuff to talk about.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• here's some inside for you: we release public beta versions, release versions and then later, internal production versions. those are the same like the versions we put on our website but also include content and other things we install on the unit before it ships. once we have physically produced a unit, we install, test and package it. as a result, it can well be that you buy a Profiler in the store and a "prior" operating system is pre-installed. and since we update our software fairly frequently to introduce new features among other things, chances are good that the first thing you _want_ to do is to update.

Some people continue to make assumptions I haven't contacted Support.

G_String, I appreciate this insight but it does nothing whatsoever to explain the concern I outlined. In fact it further reinforces my justifiable concern.

"...once we have physically produced a unit, we install, test and package it"

Exactly. Consumers would expect this. Which means there should be negligible lag between production and OS release dates. This isn't however what I encountered. Not even close.

What I am referring to is a situation where there are at least three months between production and the expiration the of the version of OS that was installed. A version initially released nearly a year ago now. Making it two releases out of date as of the production date. Further, all others I've received feedback from, who were also buying in the same timeframe, are reporting they received a version that closely aligns as would be expected. Even one person who bought from the very same retailer I purchased from on nearly the same day.

G String, I'm not sure if your reply is another intentional dodge, but just to clarify, no this isn't settled. I am no closer to an explanation than when i first inquired. And have been doing everything I could to get some extra insight while keeping the details off the forum as I seek an explanation. You are welcome to email me directly with an explanation.

Maybe some of you guys can now start to appreciate why I'm rightly becoming irritated and that you don't know all of what is going on. And accept that maybe I have in fact been trying to shield some entities rather than do any harm as some people have incorrectly accused.

Sonic

• When you go to the store, do you pickup the milk in the front and then check the date to see if it's expired because someone didn't rotate the stock?

The KPA doesn't expire and if you happened to have received an old stock, so what's the big deal? It's not like you're going to be drinking expired milk. Even expired milk doesn't necessarily spoil if it was kept cool! I personally drank expired milk after smelling it and deciding it's fine on several occasion (expired for sale).

You're Kemper is fine sir because there really is no expiration date for all intended purposes.

• Sonic, support are the only people who can explain it, if there is at all any explanation. Your insistence on asking the forum is only running you in circles and rewording the same explanation which comes across as trivial. It could even be as banal as the programmer putting in an OS that was updated soon thereafter and the production time stalled and was stamped upon completion. It could have been made in the factory months before but was dated when it was inspected, etc.

None of us understand why this is an issue. The rest of us updated our OS after we got our units and went on our merry way. Hell, nearly every product I've ever had with FW updates required me to update to the most current version right away and is no way unusual.

You are welcome to email me directly with an explanation.

I believe this is what you should have already done long ago.