NEW WAY TO UPDATE MY KEMPER-I LOVE IT

• I know this should be in the rig manager section but being able to update my kemper from the Rig Manager is just sweet...i think an Editor is in the works..i can hope can't i. Nice Job Kemper. Kudos

• Same here- +1 to the devs on this!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Its great alright , Ive mentioned it previously in threads....can we throw away the USB's now ? ( apart from start up engine when broken which I've never had to use )

• Well Rob, we still need 'em for importing FX, cabs and so on, mate.

Some folks prefer to use the USB-update option - mainly those who's Kemper is AFK, such as in another room.

Finally, and I'm not clear on this yet, I see no other way to roll back to an earlier OS apart from the USB route.

• Finally, and I'm not clear on this yet, I see no other way to roll back to an earlier OS apart from the USB route.

there is a software option to roll back to the last Release version. so for instance if you're currently testing 4.2 you can roll back to 4.0.6

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I am not using RM and dont understand why I should use it! I have found a few very good profiles that I use, rarely download new profiles and have profiled on of my amps only one time.. Others can do it better..
    Do I need to use RM, to download the next verson on my Kemper? If I have, does it work well with a Mac? what cables do I need to connect Mac with the Kemper! I am totaly Newbe on RM!

• I am not using RM and dont understand why I should use it! I have found a few very good profiles that I use, rarely download new profiles and have profiled on of my amps only one time.. Others can do it better..
    Do I need to use RM, to download the next verson on my Kemper? If I have, does it work well with a Mac? what cables do I need to connect Mac with the Kemper! I am totaly Newbe on RM!

At least you'll have to download RM, after that you can look through the downloaded data and find the .bin-file inside. If you copy it to your kemper-usb-stick and rename it to kaos.bin you can do it as you're used to.
    Otherwise you'd need a standard USB-A-B cable from your Mac to the Kemper..

• At least you'll have to download RM, after that you can look through the downloaded data and find the .bin-file inside. If you copy it to your kemper-usb-stick and rename it to kaos.bin you can do it as you're used to.

no, nobody _has_ to download Rig Manager. Release versions (non beta versions) are still available as downloads which you can put on an USB stick. and this won't change.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thats good! I have no needs for using RM. I can understand its helpful for those who changes preverences often and downloading a lot of rigs! For me its just another ding that i realy dont need. I like the simple stuff

• Well, it is simple. A USB cable. Just leave it plugged in.

Now, when you open rig manager a pop up tells you there is an update for rig manager and or the KPA.
    It asks if you want to download/ install. You say yes. That's it.

Now if you don't have yours connected to a PC, laptop, or a Mac and simply don't want to that is your choice for whatever reason you may have.

But as is/ was, to update, you will have to still use your PC, laptop, or Mac. Look online at the forum or on the Kemper site to see if there is an update.
    Plug in your stick, download the update/s for Rig manager and or KPA to file separately, copy the Kaos to your stick, eject the thumdrive, physically disconnect it, go to the back of your KPA and plug it in.

If you have your KPA in the same room as your PC it is a no brainer. Or if you have a laptop.

• I think you can do what Nightwish suggested, WhipMan:

you can look through the downloaded data and find the .bin-file inside. If you copy it to your kemper-usb-stick and rename it to kaos.bin you can do it as you're used to.

no, nobody _has_ to download Rig Manager. Release versions (non beta versions) are still available as downloads which you can put on an USB stick. and this won't change.

Thank you so much, G String. I've been worried that eventually we'd lose this option. I actually like to do it manually and it's not inconvenient updating full-release versions this way 'cause it's not something we do every day.