Kemper HD

• I wonder when they will release a new kemper hd with 96khz a/d preocessing.
    I think that's the reason why it can't capture the chime.

The kemper II could be a kemper hd with stronger processor.

• High sample rates benefit acoustic instruments, vocals and cymbals. The only point I can see of more processing power is effects. I have always found that the Kemper outperformed anything I have had before in that area and continues to surprise me with every software update.

I guess new hardware would be good for the company, as they don't charge for software updates. Other moddelers have made numerous new units.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• If they could capture the guitar as well as the amp, including delays and phasers and stuff now that would be something worth updating for.

Otherwise I think it's as good as it can be right now.

• This seems pretty chimey to me?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If they could capture the guitar as well as the amp, including delays and phasers and stuff now that would be something worth updating for.

Otherwise I think it's as good as it can be right now.

It's good, but not as good as it can be. Read other threads. There are some threads active right now from people with issues profiling some of their amps and some of them with wide experience in this world.

Regarding the chime, I agree, the KPA can get the chime :)

• It's good, but not as good as it can be. Read other threads. There are some threads active right now from people with issues profiling some of their amps and some of them with wide experience in this world.

Regarding the chime, I agree, the KPA can get the chime :)

I read all the threads. All I know is the profiles sound like the amps I profile and the profiles from the rig exchange or the amp factory sound great.

I can't speak for other people, nor can I use what is clearly anecdotal evidence as proof of anything other than one persons opinion.

• This from an interview with CK in 2011:
    The global sampling rtate is 44.1 kHz, while the internal sampling rate is partially much higher. The algorithm for the tube simulation runs on more than 700 kHz sampling rate (!).
    Enough HD? :D

• Doesn't the processing power enable more complex algorithms to be created? ;)

It depends how smart the person is who creates the algorithm...CK is very very smart, obviously smarter than the guys who needed more processing power to create their "modellers".

• This from an interview with CK in 2011:
    The global sampling rtate is 44.1 kHz, while the internal sampling rate is partially much higher. The algorithm for the tube simulation runs on more than 700 kHz sampling rate (!).
    Enough HD? :D

44.1 kHz at 16 bit defines a frequency bandwith of 20 to 20.000 Hz. A guitarspeaker, and therefore a mic'ed (or profiled) guitarsound almost never exceeds 7 kHz. Why would you need "HD" anyway? And what means HD? Not much more than a acronym Line6 took over from television technology and made it a hype :)
    When it comes to listening music we all listen to mp3 on our smartphones or at home streaming by Spotify. We've all accepted the MP3 format, which is a huge departure from CD quality.
    But when it comes to guitarsound we must have the best of the best AD-DA converters, the highest possible samplingrate, the highest possible bitrate, the best audiophile cables and so on. Please, can someone tell me why??
    And when we have the best of the best of the best, we've made a recording with the best digital equipment.......... And when the product is finished, we listen to it in what format?? Yes, mp3.

Edited 2 times, last by DML ().

• Ab

44.1 kHz at 16 bit defines a frequency bandwith of 20 to 20.000 Hz. A guitarspeaker, and therefore a mic'ed (or profiled) guitarsound almost never exceeds 7 kHz. Why would you need "HD" anyway? And what means HD? Not much more than a acronym Line6 took over from television technology and made it a hype :) When it comes to listening music we all listen to mp3 on our smartphones or at home streaming by Spotify. We've all accepted the MP3 format, which is a huge departure from CD quality.
    But when it comes to guitarsound we must have the best of the best AD-DA converters, the highest possible samplingrate, the highest possible bitrate, the best audiophile cables and so on. Please, can someone tell me why??
    And when we have the best of the best of the best, we've made a recording with the best digital equipment.......... And when the product is finished, we listen to it in what format?? Yes, mp3.

HD was not my request.
    I am totaly happy how the kemper works. With chime if you use a good guitar a good profile and a guitar player who knows how it should sound like.
    For me it was interesting to know that the kemper works internal with a higher sample rate.
    44.1 khz and 24 bit for recording is all I need.