Reached a wall with my Kemper.

• Ain't nothin' wrong with movin' on .... I've seen guys sell their Kemper only to come back a year later saying they were crazy to get rid of it. But some guys just disappear forever presumably back to amp land. There's no right or wrong. Whatever works for you.

As for me I've always kept my amps which I play through almost daily. Keeps me grounded in some kind of sonic reality. The Kemper is something else. I don't see myself ever selling it.

Just keep playing. You have your own musical journey ahead of you. Wherever it takes you is the right place to be.

Good Luck!

• We need clips!
    Your problems cannot be solved without it.

Pretty impressive that the owner of the company offers to help sort out what you're looking for. It's in that little box for sure just takes a little help sometimes and the right touch on the strings. The help part is waiting for some clips, good luck whichever route you choose.

• This is inefficient if nothing else.

We keep taking stabs in the dark and missing, evidenced by the lack of progress so far. We could keep asking, "Have you tried this or that", but until we hear something, we couldn't possibly know which questions to ask.

Clips are your free passes to the show, mate. Meantime the band's warmed up and ready to rock... (i.e. we're ready when you are).

• I could post a clip when I get the chance, but I'm not sure what anyone can suggest.

So, if members are asking you to post clips, and then Christoph Kemper asks you, and respond with "but I'm not sure what anyone can suggest" then it seems to me you have already made up your mind.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain from doing a quick clip, Terrance. You won't find a better unit or great bunch of guys n' gals IMHO. Good luck on your search if you decline this opportunity!

• I appreciate the advice, but with respect I've been playing guitar since 1991. Been in studios since around then, started a small home studio in 2004. I know what good speakers sound like.

Please post a sample. It's impossible to offer any sort of diagnosis or advice tailored specifically to your situation in the absence of an audio example.

• One reason it sounds the way it does is because the guitars were double tracked.

• Of course, Terence would have known that 'cause he's been in studios since the early '90s and run a home studio since 2004. Maybe he was talking about the lead?

At any rate, that music experience surely would've taught him that even showing us where he wants to go (the clip above) wouldn't do any good if he doesn't tell us where he is. "I'd like to get to Central Station; please show me how to get there... without knowing where I am".

Mission impossible.

• Of course, Terence would have known that 'cause he's been in studios since the early '90s and run a home studio since 2004. Maybe he was talking about the lead?

One would tend to think. In his reply before posting the Chop Tones video he mentioned that the problem is mainly when recording rhythm with his Les Paul, thus I presumed he was referring to the same in the video.

• I appreciate the advice, but with respect I've been playing guitar since 1991. Been in studios since around then, started a small home studio in 2004. I know what good speakers sound like.

Yes, but why not compare your favorite recordings with recordings using the KPA (e.g. check out the User demos from my homepage - or any other KPA profile homepage).
    By this you can check how profiles from your favorite amps sound via your own speakers.

If you dislike all or most of this recordings - and like recordings of real tube amps much more - then the KPA may not be for you.
    If you find that you like a lot of 'KPA-Recordings' - than all you need are other profiles or need to spend some time tweaking your existing ones.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Steady on fellas, you've got to understand that not everyone wants to put themselves out there. I know and you know that no ridicule awaits, but he may have his own reasons for not posting clips. Let's play fair and understand that everyone's different.

That said. I wholeheartedly agree that nothing can be solved without a clip...so @Terence T has to appreciate that fact and use it to make his own decisions - I'd urge him not to be shy though! He certainly doesn't need anyone having a go. Let's not turn into the Fractal forum :)

Peace!

At any rate, that music experience surely would've taught him that even showing us where he wants to go (the clip above) wouldn't do any good if he doesn't tell us where he is. "I'd like to get to Central Station; please show me how to get there... without knowing where I am".

Mission impossible.

Now your being rude.

That tends to happen on forums, which is why I don't like posting my music.

• Steady on fellas, you've got to understand that not everyone wants to put themselves out there. I know and you know that no ridicule awaits,

Thanks Jonathan, but the usual ridicule happened before I actually posted a clip. It usually happens during and after also. That's why I didn't post a clip.

• Come on Terence! The reason that a lot of us spend time here and on other forums is that we are not good enough to be out there doing it ourselves. Don't worry I'm speaking for myself guys. I would never criticise your playing. I might criticise the mix or the guitar sound, but never your playing. Me, I'm not sure that I care what people think because I enjoy what I do. I'm old enough to know that most people talk rubbish about music and indeed like music that I don't care much for. The thing is that there is a chance for you to find out what the problem might be. Tell you what, if you post something I will too!!!

• Now your being rude.
    That tends to happen on forums, which is why I don't like posting my music.

I can barely play, and this is the only place I will post any audio clips. There hasn't been a single instance of anyone making fun of my playing. I assure you that, if you post clips, no one is going to try to judge you, and will only use it to try to help you. The people here have been extremely helpful to me.