Neural Quad Cortex

• As a long long time engineer, I can not help but wonder about the reliability of this design. Seems like it would be fraught with failure modes.

Same here. I´m actually looking forward to the Quad Cortex & I think it would fit just great into my enironment - but the reliability of those buttons...i don´t know..

• Same here. I´m actually looking forward to the Quad Cortex & I think it would fit just great into my enironment - but the reliability of those buttons...i don´t know..

I can't tell about the reliability of such buttons since I never used nor saw them.

However, for me, the problem would be that these a difficult to get as a spare part. I never opened my Kemper, but I have seen gut shots. My impression of the Kemper hardware design is, that the PCB has a lot of space and the important user-interface components are wired in a way that they could be "easily" exchanged if needed. Just from the technical perspective, I guess, someone with EE skills would be able to understand the design and exchange most of the things without any "special" tools. Furthermore, a lot of standard components seem to be used, which is a big plus for me. A "normal" latch stomp button is very easy to get, should it fail once. I am not sure about these "special" buttons.

• Neural does great VSTs and it would be cool to be able to use them live with dedicated hardware. My one question on this is, how does it FEEL? What puts the Kemper head and shoulders over everything else I've ever played on is the feeling of playing it. The Helix feels dead by comparison.

• Neural does great VSTs and it would be cool to be able to use them live with dedicated hardware. My one question on this is, how does it FEEL? What puts the Kemper head and shoulders over everything else I've ever played on is the feeling of playing it. The Helix feels dead by comparison.

Fully agree. This is the main thing for me as well.

Neural have recently stated that a lot of the amps and FX will not be ready at launch, as well as the editor, hybrid mode etc.

Slightly disappointing, but still looking forward to getting it.

I downloaded the Helix native that shold be the same as the hardware, stated by Line6 and...what? If this is like the hardware, I would have cried blood if I had purchased it. There was nothing I liked about it. There are so many better, cheaper and some even free, ampsims that are better than the Helix native. So when I got a email from Line6 and wanted to know my honest opinion about the plugin...I told them my honest opinion.

• I can't tell about the reliability of such buttons since I never used nor saw them.

However, for me, the problem would be that these a difficult to get as a spare part. I never opened my Kemper, but I have seen gut shots. My impression of the Kemper hardware design is, that the PCB has a lot of space and the important user-interface components are wired in a way that they could be "easily" exchanged if needed. Just from the technical perspective, I guess, someone with EE skills would be able to understand the design and exchange most of the things without any "special" tools. Furthermore, a lot of standard components seem to be used, which is a big plus for me. A "normal" latch stomp button is very easy to get, should it fail once. I am not sure about these "special" buttons.

Yep. The buttons on the KPA FC are 100% off-the-shelf. My guess is that you could get them from any number of places. My further guess is that they are pretty robust since they are a very simple switch. This also means you can get them cheep if you do need to replace them.

I have had a couple go bad on other devices over the years (I have been playing out off-and-on for well over 30 years). Usually they just get rust in them due to humidity, getting rained on, or getting beer spilled on them, and then become sticky.

A socket, ratchet, a soldering iron, and a small Allen wrench (I think) is all you would need to do the repair on a KPA Stage, or Foot controller ;).