high cut on 2000hz on output

• I have found that using all profiles with the high cut set at around 2000Hz on the output makes all sounds more natural. I specify that I use the kemper output connected to the PC and listening from the sound card output with headphones, I don't know if it would work well even connected to an amplified speaker. Without the filter I hear too many high frequencies and my stratocaster becomes almost annoying, I tried with the guitar tone but it ruins the sound of the profiles

• 2000Hz is very low. You are cutting out lots of rich and valuable frequencies including the 3000 area the guitar lives around. Maybe you play bass?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• As others stated, that is very low.
    I depends on what you are used to, on the actual frequency response of your headphones - maybe they are rather bright?
    A tube amp delivers plenty of high end content (even more apparent when close mic'ed) and a PROFILE mirrors that.

Have you tried your headphones connected directly to the PROFILER?

• I adjusted it by ear, until it sounded like a real amp (I have a marshall combo 6101 and it has an evl 12). I first tried 6khz which is the cutoff frequency of my loudspeaker but it didn't seem to do anything then slowly I reached 2khz which is fine with the distorted units (reference for example plexi2 or 60s SkyBird 3 3TS from tone junkie or MB - 3rd Plex Tim from m. britt ). Instead with some profiles I had to raise the cut up to 4-5 khz otherwise they sounded too muddy. I specify that I have the cab enabled and that I am listening from a yamaha ag06 sound card with a beyerdynamic dt 770 pro headphone without further effects. However the important fact is that I hear better with the hf cut enabled, the basic sound of digital multifxes (I also have a small zoom) is always too sharp for me. I also specify that by replacing the kemper with an analog preamp (mesa studio pre) I am not affected by these sharp frequencies

• Something is definitely wrong. I just tested at 2kh and it is so muddy it is unusable. Sometimes a very dull sound can seem nice and warm on its own but it will get totally lost in a band mix as it needs the higher frequencies to cut through.

You mentioned adjusting until it sounded like your real Marshall. Have you tried putting your ear directly in line with the speaker of your Marshall and comparing this to the sound from your headphones firing directly into your ear. If not you might be amazed at just how bright those "real amps" really are. The reason they sound so smooth and warm is that all the high frequencies are going under our ears and hitting the backs of our legs. However, the mic that is being recorded or the sent to FOH PA is getting all those high frequencies.

• There's is something to be said about not cutting anything when in the studio. Record your full frequencies and let the mixologist determine the cuts.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.