How about to work on KPA main market advantage , instead to waste a time by fulfilling axe oriented demands ??

• It is not only about tone and politeness. It is also about absorbing energy and time that might be needed elsewhere for example in answering really down to earth questions of other users. I am one of those users who is really thankful for the lots of good and helpful exchange in this forum and I don't want to see the talent and profound knowledge of people like Davide or even Christoph being wasted on taming flamewars.

+1 :thumbup:

• I agree with the OP to some extent--although a librarian would be very helpful to many, if not all of us. I bought the KPA for one reason and that was for its amazing ability to sound like a real amp and it has delivered in spades. I've never thought, nor will I ever think of it as an "all-but-the-kitchen-sink" EFFECTS unit. To think of it that way is really coming from the wrong angle IMHO.

I have several other pitch shifting effects and use them when needed. If someone really needs pitch effects, there are many fine options out there. They are DSP intensive and labor intensive to create so, as the OP said, why do we want the KPA team to devote their resources to an effect that not everyone needs while more useful and broadly applicable features would serve us ALL better in the near term?

To become hostile over a feature request is completely unnecessary. I like how this forum is always helpful and civil. It's really critical for a piece of equipment such as this. Without this forum, I would not have bought the KPA. Simple as that.

Just my two cents. 8)

J

• Hi Myramyd ,
    Thanks for understanding from where I am coming from .
    Nothing wrong with any of effects, I want them all , as well as anyone else ...but ..amp sound ...
    I am sorry if my post sounds a little bit exaggerated .
    My first post had actually more disappointing than exaggerated feelings, since 99% of forum members waste their time looking for librarian and effects , instead to require even better amp sound ....
    And there are axe and tgp guys laughing on aliasing , etc and messing around , resulting with CK sorting out the wrong things, just to show them he can fix everything (and yes he can do that !) ;(
    But, for what price ?? Instead to fix what is not broken and less important (and not the the strongest part of KPA portfolio) I thought its better if he might work on improving profiling/ amp tone( which is the crucial part of his portfolio) - that was all about my humble post .....

But, that's only me, I do not expect any member to have my opinion , to each its own ....

If one read my previous posts , he will find about my friend, professional producer who is using 2 Virus Synthesizers in a last 15 years or so .
    He told me not to worry , if KPA is going like a Virus, in a few years time we will have everything - effects to dream about it , decent librarian, fantastic Foot Controller , even more better Profiler and amp sound , and maybe few more things only CK knows about ...
    Satisfied and happy, I asked him -do you have a Russian Girl Finder on your Virys synts ???
    He told me to f..ck off !

:P

8)

:D

;)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 9 times, last by Rescator ().

• I'm very proud of the way the Profiler users choose to communicate with each other in this forum.
    Your post on the other hand is not acceptable.
    So someone doesn't agree that X is necessary, while you think it is - big deal.
    The tone/politeness of many forums has been steadily declining, but I that'll not happen here.

And I, for one, truly appreciate all that you contribute to this forum, Davide.

A big +1 to both of these. A post count in excess of 5000 and the majority relate to helpful posts. With er 'a few' off topic meanderings that complement a community with a somewhat warped sense of humour 8)

Rescator - Still waiting for the specifics of what you have in mind :)
    I'm sure you have some cool ideas - just flesh out what you're saying e.g what sound can't you currently achieve? What would this improvement look/sound like?
    Genuine question...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Hi Brattcave,
    Fair question, must give you an answer ....
    Will comeback to you tomorrow , must go to bed...tomorrow , 1,000 people are waiting for me ....

(or it was 1.023 ??)

• As long as latency is dynamically allocated on a per-rig basis so the KPA feel isn't sacrificed, I don't see the harm in having a few esoteric effects, although I'd draw the line at intelligent pitch shifting, if that. Truth is, I'd love the KPA to be an all-in-one guitar solution, that is, without any need for outboard effects as much as possible, and for some gigs a whammy effect is a requirement.

• Ask your producer friend how we did the developement and evolution of the very core sound of the Access Virus in the last 15 years.
    His answer might express exactly what our plans are with the Profiler.

And btw: have you ever profiled your own amps or have you paticipated in a profiling session?

• I think that there's still room for improvement sonically with the KPA, but unfortunately I fear that the one area that's critical falls outside of it's core functionality and that's room capture. Without the ability to capture and recreate the reverberation and ambient sounds of a real room you simply cannot profile a distant mic'd amp in any meaningful way, I doubt that Christoph and the Kemper team would want to extend the KPA into such territory in any case, but it is what's required for the final step for a truly realistic profile. Sure the sim and profiling process could be finessed a little here and there too perhaps, but they're pretty darn close right now so it's an area of diminishing returns, which is fortunate as programmers love to improve and optimize that extra little percentage point here and there of whatever metric you chose, so I'm sure we'll see some tweaks here and there over time for those with golden ears, I just wish it were feasible to offer room profiling for those with a suitably neutral speaker, mic and signal chain for the process.

• Ask your producer friend how we did the developement and evolution of the very core sound of the Access Virus in the last 15 years.
    His answer might express exactly what our plans are with the Profiler.

And btw: have you ever profiled your own amps or have you paticipated in a profiling session?

Rescator (Zoran) Profiled his JP Le Roux tube amp and was completely blown away.
    When I see Zoran in a music store he's the biggest Kemper advertisement I've ever seen, he's a CK advertising campaign all on his own, one of your biggest fans. :thumbup:

• Hey CK ,
    Yes , I did profiled two of my amps, but still didn't put them on exchange ,because I want to do that again in my friend's producer professional studio .
    I want to compare my amateurish profiling vs professional work in decent studio , but all I need is a little bit of free time ...

And yes , he told me not to worry about KPA - if its going like a Virus we will have everything we want and more- that's what I already said in my post , but maybe its worth to say that again .
    So , I am ready to enjoy KPA development for at least next 15 years .....
    Lance ,
    My idea is one KPA for each and every guitarist I know personally , and (we)I know them a lot !

;)

8)

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• There is little to improve in the KPA profiling results and even less in the amp sound area. If you believe it really needs to be improved, you should invest some of your time in trying to create good profiles and then do A/B comparisons. You will see that you should not be concerned about it.

Personally at this point I prefer like many other to have more features like a librarian/editor, foot controller and more FX.

• +1 to your OP rescator. I agree - I also feel that the Kemper team should spend time working to the KPAs main market advantage (amp profiling and reproduction), rather than exotic features such as pitch shifting, whammy etc. Now dont get me wrong - I love pitch shifting and all that good stuff - but I have not - to date seen a decent pitch shifter or whammy effect (especially with monophonic pickups) - Im sure things will be different with a polyphonic pickup, or at least there's separate signals to work magic on. Latency and tone are the magic words I'm referring to here :). Besides nothing beats the feeling of wrestling the whammy bar to execute a humongous DIVE BOMB. Real men use the whammy bar - and not pedals anyway :).

On the other hand there is low hanging fruit such as the performance mode for example. I would much rather get full use of that switch position on my KPA :). I would love to incorporate the KPA into my live gig - and this would be a game changer for me especially towards that goal.

Having a 'wider' palette of effects to choose from is definitely what I would like to see, and I have very little doubt that this is the way things will be as time progresses. I am a VirusTi user - and have been very happy with the commitment of the team towards that product line - especially when other synth manufacturers have abandoned their 'top-of-the-line', 'state-of-the-art' workstations/synths within a year of manufacture and sale (no more updates period!) :). But I would like to leave the 'vision' to the Kemper team - they've been quite visionary thus far - and would like it to continue ;).

The only issue I have right now with the KPA is that I dont have a 'state-of-the-art' studio for clean pristine profiling sessions - will have to rent one (or build one :)). Damn you KPA :)!

Having said all this - I would like to state - that these are only my opinions. I think that the Kemper team's commitment towards their product lines has been pretty commendable - and hope that it continues. Kudos guys!

• There's a point in this thread which I have not been able to catch from the very beginning: the idea that Kemper's developement plans and userbase's wishes and requests, coincide.
    The starting assumption that the dev team is focusing on the wrong issues has still to be proven and is, AFAIK, false.
    On the contrary,it seems to me that Kemper have shown to be rather steady in their path in terms of listening to users' requests, and that they take into consideration only what they consider good ideas or what was already planned.

Am I missing something? :huh:

• There's a point in this thread which I have not been able to catch from the very beginning: the idea that Kemper's developement plans and userbase's wishes and requests, coincide.
    The starting assumption that the dev team is focusing on the wrong issues has still to be proven and is, AFAIK, false.
    On the contrary,it seems to me that Kemper have shown to be rather steady in their path in terms of listening to users' requests, and that they take into consideration only what they consider good ideas or what was already planned.

Am I missing something? :huh:

No. There's a subset of users which for some reason are very fearful of the KPA expanding its feature set. It's funny, the OP asks the Kemper folks to stop wasting time on Axe oriented demands (ie effects) when in reality, every update to the Axe FX since release has been refining the amp modeling. He's actually asking the KPA team to be more like the Axe team...

• No. There's a subset of users which for some reason are very fearful of the KPA expanding its feature set. It's funny, the OP asks the Kemper folks to stop wasting time on Axe oriented demands (ie effects) when in reality, every update to the Axe FX since release has been refining the amp modeling. He's actually asking the KPA team to be more like the Axe team...

:D :D :D

It seems Will Chen understand my broken English the best !

:thumbup:

• No. There's a subset of users which for some reason are very fearful of the KPA expanding its feature set. It's funny, the OP asks the Kemper folks to stop wasting time on Axe oriented demands (ie effects) when in reality, every update to the Axe FX since release has been refining the amp modeling. He's actually asking the KPA team to be more like the Axe team...

Just wanted to clarify that I, for one, am **NOT** fearful of the KPA expanding it's feature set - just wishing that bread-and-butter stuff (what the device was originally supposed to do) was complete before more exotic demands were met :). I for one would love performance mode to be completed, tested thoroughly and released before all else (maybe others disagree - and have a priority list of their own - but that's all it is - all of us have our priorities - and we like to air them once in a while - no harm, no foul ;)). I'm only human - and thereby prone to repetition sometimes ;).

All other features over and above that are a nice bonus - and would definitely make me happy.

;) Peace ...

• Peace Brother ! :D :thumbup:

• Just to clarify my position, I'm open to any and all new features and am excited to see what is added over time.

What gets me is when you see the poll results and "demands" on the Feature Requests part of this forum always seem to place Pitch Shifting effects as the #1 request. To me that is really out of left field for a device such as this. With so many things that all of us users could benefit from in the short term, that is the top priority? It just doesn't make sense to me. If you are buying the KPA for the effects you are really missing the point of the unit IMHO. People get so caught up in what the DON'T have that the miss how great it already is!

To me what is says is, "I don't want to pay another $200-500 to add a pitch shifter to my rig so please make one for me for free NOW!" Haha. :D

If the KPA can add pitch shifting effects at some point, great. Happy to have it as part of the unit but, to see all these demands for that specific effect is really odd to me, especially when things like the librarian, performance mode, floor controller, etc. are really more beneficial to all of us. The only thing I "fear" is that the KPA team delays the development of those items so they can meet this high demand for pitch effects. I'm not saying they will do that.

To each is own. To quote Pulp Fiction: "Pitch be cool!" :P

J