What's in the next feature update?

• i don´t think they release the kpa footpedal, cause it´s too late for xmas shopping, maybe next year, i hope for a firmware update

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• CK has mentioned the changes to the Pick algorithm. beyond that is anyone's guess, but taking a look at the "most desired" poll might give us some hints.

I think that's more because of a bug that caused crackling than any actual changes to how it would behave or sound, although it would be nice if the pick transient algo could behave a little more naturally and less mechanically even in sound and duration, I always disable the pick setting because of this.

• I think that's more because of a bug that caused crackling than any actual changes to how it would behave or sound, although it would be nice if the pick transient algo could behave a little more naturally and less mechanically even in sound and duration, I always disable the pick setting because of this.

Some disconnect in our ideas, guys! I was thinking features like the pitch harmonizer and thing we got a while ago.

Pick attack is more like a bug fix. I want more FX, more controls, more of everything :thumbup:

• Better browsing of rigs! (I'm afraid I'm going to wear out the browse knob.....)
    I want a generic tagging functionality. I want to make my own tags an use them as filters when browsing. I also want to browse my profiles collapsed by tags, so a tag can behave like a "folder". I also want to have bulk update of metadata on profiles, so I can change a lot of profiles in one operation. A short fix is to let the up and down navigation buttons don't go to next letter in alphabet mode... but browses 10 by 10 or something (custom?). If you have a lot andys profiles, every profile starts with an A, so todays solution does not work very well on A.

Total silence when changing rigs
    There is too much noise when changing rigs. "Blipp bloop thresh grash". Even when changing from browsing to performance mode can trigger some serious stuff of "Blipp bloop thresh grash"

Multiband compressor
    Is this a good idea? I don't know actually, but It sounds like fun :)

VU-meter in the display
    So it can be much easier to se if a profile is way of "unity gain".

• Total silence when changing rigs[/b]
    There is too much noise when changing rigs. "Blipp bloop thresh grash". Even when changing from browsing to performance mode can trigger some serious stuff of "Blipp bloop thresh grash".

I really hope not. If it were to drop out and become silent when changing rigs you'd have a droppout when playing live which woudl be totally unacceptable.

If you're encountering unwanted noises when switching rigs then that's a bug and you need to report it so that it gets fixed.

• I really hope not. If it were to drop out and become silent when changing rigs you'd have a droppout when playing live which woudl be totally unacceptable.

If you're encountering unwanted noises when switching rigs then that's a bug and you need to report it so that it gets fixed.

Ok... I was a little unprecises in my statement. I meant "Total silence of switching noise when changing profiles". I don't want dropouts of the guitar sound but a perfect crossfade between profiles.

I have unwanted noise, but is it a bug? I do find many discussions about this on the forum, so I classified this more as an improvement instead of a bug.

57% got switching noise in this post: Who's Getting Clicks when changing profiles Poll yes or no

• I think the switching noise is a pretty difficult issue for Kemper to solve. The Profiler can't run 2 Profiles at the same time and simply crossfade. So it can only be solved by introducing a buffer that holds a given ammount of the last played audio data while loading the next profile, put some of the next profile's audio data into another buffer, compare the buffers' content and switch at a common zero-crossing in both buffers. Alternatively they could use 2 buffers to make a quick cross-fade. But either way we have the dilemma of additional latency. Another option would be to do a quick fade-out, load the next profile, do a quick fade-in. But this would result in an audible dropout. I have no idea how to solve this switching noise without one of the above ways, but who am I to explain things to CK. :)

• Before we get any more features, such as FX, I want the Kemper to be able to read rigs off an external hard-drive or flash drive instead of having to restore a backup whenever I want a completely different rig (I'm not saying we should get rid of the backup feature though).

• Before we get any more features, such as FX, I want the Kemper to be able to read rigs off an external hard-drive or flash drive instead of having to restore a backup whenever I want a completely different rig (I'm not saying we should get rid of the backup feature though).

You can copy the profile's .kipr file to the Shared folder on your USB stick and then import the profile. From the KPA Reference Manual (page 89):

When you download rigs from the internet or receive them by email simply copy them into the “Shared” folder on your USB stick in order to import them into the Kemper Profiler.

Or are you asking for something else? ?(