Identified bugs that need fixing: All the Kemper problems in one place

• Thought this would be a helpful thread for the good folks at Kemper Amplifiers to take stock of the major issues faced by Kemper users today and attempt to address them. I'm not talking about things like "We need a librarian" and "Where's the foot controller", because a longer term horizon on a solution to those questions is acceptable. Been noting some major issues posted by users, namely:

1) Crackle and pop when browsing through profiles: This is an annoyance that I and other users have faced and documented on these forums I think it's really important this issue is ironed out, because minor as it is in the context of all that is good about the Kemper, it detracts from the overall good experience I have had with mine in the last three months.
    2) Crackles due to pick attack settings: This issue has been confirmed by Kemper mods on these forums. A crackling sound is heard in the background of clean sounds in particular. I haven't run into this problem personally, but I believe quite a few other users have.
    3) Need for more negative clean sense adjustments: Though my struggles with input setting parameters on the Kemper are over, other users are still grappling with them and I believe it could be a major reason why some people have sub-optimal experiences with the Kemper on first try. Engineer Kemper has already confirmed this is in the pipeline, I hope it can be included in the next firmware update.
    4) Lack of low end: Noted that CK and the Kemper team are looking into this issue, so the verdict is still out on whether it's a "bug". I'll point out that spectrum analysis by user OKstrat, who makes commercial profiles, seem to be accurate in terms of low end information, so this one is an "Et tu?" situation.

That's the list, afaik. Anyone else have something they want to add? I'll edit and modify the list accordingly. Am sure Kemper Amplifiers will rise to the occasion, as far as I'm concerned, these are minor teething troubles with the product that should be solved to make it a complete experience. Even more important than new feature updates/ factory profiles. Cheers.

• I would consider the Green Scream Tone control thing a bug. The position of the dial should match the real thing, IMO. 50% - 100% being equivalent doesn't make any sense to me.

I have very, very seldomly experienced what sounded like a ring modulated tone when switching on a stomp that only lasted for a few seconds then went away (I was using a 100% neutral Studio EQ effect). I know at least one other person has experienced the same thing. It's gotta be a bug, but replicating it is not easy.

Some rigs are particularly sensitive to reduced gain and play havok with a KPA virtual stomp effect in front of them. If you try to set the amp tone to a clean sound then use a stomp to boost, you get a very wide volume disparity between the clean and distorted sounds. It is the equivalent of setting Clean Sense much higher than how it behaves for most rigs.

• klick/pop with fx loop use. especially with delays in the loop (support zoomed in that it might be a noise gate thing, as the noise gait from the return is automatic?)

• Edited original post to include "lack of low end in profiles", though I'm not sure whether this "bug" is real or introduced. CK and his team are looking into it and explained in the OP, there was another spectrum analysis in a later post in the thread which depicted accurate low end in the profile.

I think the "buzzing noise" problem should be included in Point No. 2 of the original post, since it seems to be more or less similar, perhaps linked to the same issue concerning pick attack.

As far as pedals in the loop, I've not included it in the list because it seems to be external hardware related. I'm using a couple of pedals in the loop and they work fine. This is an impedence matching problem of some kind, similar to what I experienced when building my original pedalboard - the pedalboard of Doom:

[Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img26/6174/imag0102a.jpg]

• Thought this would be a helpful thread for the good folks at Kemper Amplifiers to take stock of the major issues faced by Kemper users today and attempt to address them. I'm not talking about things like "We need a librarian" and "Where's the foot controller", because a longer term horizon on a solution to those questions is acceptable. Been noting some major issues posted by users, namely:

1) Crackle and pop when browsing through profiles: This is an annoyance that I and other users have faced and documented on these forums I think it's really important this issue is ironed out, because minor as it is in the context of all that is good about the Kemper, it detracts from the overall good experience I have had with mine in the last three months.
    2) Crackles due to pick attack settings: This issue has been confirmed by Kemper mods on these forums. A crackling sound is heard in the background of clean sounds in particular. I haven't run into this problem personally, but I believe quite a few other users have.
    3) Need for more negative clean sense adjustments: Though my struggles with input setting parameters on the Kemper are over, other users are still grappling with them and I believe it could be a major reason why some people have sub-optimal experiences with the Kemper on first try. Engineer Kemper has already confirmed this is in the pipeline, I hope it can be included in the next firmware update.
    4) Lack of low end: Noted that CK and the Kemper team are looking into this issue, so the verdict is still out on whether it's a "bug". I'll point out that spectrum analysis by user OKstrat, who makes commercial profiles, seem to be accurate in terms of low end information, so this one is an "Et tu?" situation.

That's the list, afaik. Anyone else have something they want to add? I'll edit and modify the list accordingly. Am sure Kemper Amplifiers will rise to the occasion, as far as I'm concerned, these are minor teething troubles with the product that should be solved to make it a complete experience. Even more important than new feature updates/ factory profiles. Cheers.

Yes, indeed.....
    All these can be very annoying and the Green Scream Tone control it,s very unreal too.........
    ....but hey! no one can be perfect :rolleyes:

• 1. Need the profiles to be as good it can get, not 98 but 100%. I noticed that the attack eq is
    different, even when the eq sound is the same in Kemper. Im profiling
    Triaxis,Rivera,Carvin. The amps have more low
    frequency in the attack than Kemper has, but still the sound is almoust the same. Dont want to mess with eq and other paramethers.
    2. Less Latency, I can feel the latency.
    3.New software programing for the FX, everything should have an option for pre and post and stereo. Parallel FX lines.
    4. The harmonizer is good playing single notes, but not working with chords, not even pitch 12.

• You can feel the latency????

Sorry I find that hard to believe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk