Marshall JCM800 Kerry King Signature

• Could you do one with these settings:
    Presence: 3, Bass: 7, Middle 7, Treble: 6, Master: 3,5, Preamp: 9 and The Beast added. I guess gate is useless to profiles, but assault: 5.
    Refine with whatever active you've got. And if you got any one close of these just give me a link and don't bother re-profiling.

Would be fantastic!
    Thanks a lot! :D

• Could you do one with these settings:
    Presence: 3, Bass: 7, Middle 7, Treble: 6, Master: 3,5, Preamp: 9 and The Beast added. I guess gate is useless to profiles, but assault: 5.
    Refine with whatever active you've got. And if you got any one close of these just give me a link and don't bother re-profiling.

Would be fantastic!
    Thanks a lot! :D

Hi Sleepdead,

i don't own the amp anymore :( But IIRC that looks pretty close to what i had set the amp (seen thet RIG RUNDOWN vid on YT?). Never activated Beast Mode while taking the profiles. I did not like it with my guitar that has a heavy mid boost available. But check out the RIB one i uploaded, i think it does the trick with the pre-stack EQ.

• Hi Sleepdead,

i don't own the amp anymore :( But IIRC that looks pretty close to what i had set the amp (seen thet RIG RUNDOWN vid on YT?). Never activated Beast Mode while taking the profiles. I did not like it with my guitar that has a heavy mid boost available. But check out the RIB one i uploaded, i think it does the trick with the pre-stack EQ.

Hi Helge! Oh, okey thanks a lot then! I haven't tried the new RIB one only the original and thought it sounded a bit stiff. The Beast is the same as Kerry Kings EQ Pedal with his settings built in. So if your pre-stack EQ is like that I think it would be close enough.
    Thanks again!

• Big thanks , Great profiles for my gibson !! i voted 5 on all !!

It makes me wonder why latelly people download profiles and never rate them !! Come on people !!!

Edited once, last by Tone ().

• Helge ! many thanks for this profile , this the best JCM 800 profile I ever heard , freaking awesome :thumbup:

I did some major tweaks to your RIB profile , and made a clip out it

This is one hell of a rig , it cleans very well , has a fantastic drive for rhythm part as well as leads ( the boost and EQ are top notch also ) .

I remember his ad back in the days , is it the same tube head ??

[Blocked Image: http://planetsixstring.com/fil…r-611x335-kk-marshall.jpg]

• Hi Waraba,

yes, it's the mighty 2203 Kerry King Signature, equipped with KT88 power tubes. It has some more chunk than a regular JCM800. Good to hear you like it and thank you for doing the clip do demonstrate, it sounds great. Will you load up the tweaked version to Rig Exchange?

Cheers
    Helge

• Great Profiles. Keep the coming...
    sean

Thank you, Sean.

I have a bunch of profiles of my JCM2000 TSL100 head, some with Beta 57 and e609, some with SM57 only and some with SM57 and RM144 ribbon. I did them in different sessions, the R144 ones are from the session where Flix and i joined forces and did the Fball profiles.

Anyone interested?

• Hell-G this is mighty generous of you sir. Ive downloaded them all and my favorites are

KK57
    KK7
    KK10

Any reason or setting during the profiling that are similar that makes my ear favor them?

Excellent work. Now my favorite JCM800 profile.

It sounds f%$@ing BEAST through my ESP Jeff Hanneman signature series guitar.

I switched to my PRS custom 24 with 59/09's pups and some of the other profiles just came to life WOW!

the default KK, KK9 sounds breath taking on the PRS

My 2013 Bill Kelliher Gibson explorer with Lace nitro Hemi pickups tuned to D standard worked well with KK11

5, 6 and 8 609 didnt work on any guitar "out of the box" for those axes.

Again thanks so much and I rated on RE!

Cheers!

• Thank you, Sean.

I have a bunch of profiles of my JCM2000 TSL100 head, some with Beta 57 and e609, some with SM57 only and some with SM57 and RM144 ribbon. I did them in different sessions, the R144 ones are from the session where Flix and i joined forces and did the Fball profiles.

Anyone interested?

Uh, Hell Yeah?!?

• Hell-G this is mighty generous of you sir. Ive downloaded them all and my favorites are

KK57
    KK7
    KK10

Great you like them!

Any reason or setting during the profiling that are similar that makes my ear favor them?

I guess its the gain setting, i only did little variations to the EQ. Check the cabinet tags to see how the mic levels varied on some rigs.

Excellent work. Now my favorite JCM800 profile.

:thumbup:

It sounds f%$@ing BEAST through my ESP Jeff Hanneman signature series guitar.

This, Sir, is fully intentional. I got one, too, so i tried to come close to the SLAYER tone. As KK uses the EMG 81 and Kahler vibrato too i think this brings you right into the Killing Fields 8)

I switched to my PRS custom 24 with 59/09's pups and some of the other profiles just came to life WOW!

the default KK, KK9 sounds breath taking on the PRS

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My 2013 Bill Kelliher Gibson explorer with Lace nitro Hemi pickups tuned to D standard worked well with KK11

5, 6 and 8 609 didnt work on any guitar "out of the box" for those axes.

I don't like the 609 either. The 57 clarly does a great part on the sound, the e609 adds some less harsh range. I like the KK7 the most, it came out very well and is the basis for th eRIB rig.

Again thanks so much and I rated on RE!

Thank you!

Cheers!

Cheers!